Sunday, April 17, 2022

Spring Layers

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog today-

 I hope everyone had a lovely Easter holiday weekend!

 It won't by long before most of us will be wearing our pretty, sleeveless dresses 

I have unpacked my spring and summer clothes
and am impatient to start wearing them
But for now, during these changeable spring months, 
 adding a layer can get a little more wear from our light and breezy summer pieces 
These two dresses layer pretty easily, so a cardigan is a good choice

My first outfit is a flutter sleeve dress in a muted aqua floral print
topped with an aqua baby cable cardigan sweater  


This sweater is soft and lightweight, with 3/4 sleeves
and is a perfect pastel for spring
Today I am wearing the waist tie sash that came with the dress
as a neck scarf in a big bow around my neck 


For jewelry I chose a gold tone asymmetrical bracelet
and open circle earrings 


This little bronze metallic bag is caught just right
 in the sunlight from the window, and is positively glowing


All season taupe suede cross strap heels
to finish the look 



Another outfit with a sleeveless summer dress
  This one in a royal, black and white abstract print. I seldom wear it,
as the bold black accents don't seem right when I reach for it in summer
 I thought I would try it for spring with a cardi layer on top


The cardigan is an open front cropped style
that has the look of a collarless jacket  


Carrying my bright blue channel quilted and star studded clutch



Just a few pieces of silver tone jewelry for this busy print
Double Dolphin hinged bracelet and black square drop earrings


First sandals of the season!
Block heel slide sandals like these are a big trend this spring
 I'm  seeing a lot of cute styles online, with both wide and narrow straps
I love this style and took a chance ordering these online
 Fit for me can be tricky in this style of shoe, as my feet are narrow 
and the straps are usually too wide for me
These are a little loose and floppy-
 I am going to have to venture into a brick and mortar shop to get a good fit



Here's an outfit from spring 2018
with a cardigan  buttoned up and tucked into a skirt 
Purple is back this season and I still have this sweater,
I will have to get this one out for a re-style


It's a beautiful time of the year
with the tulips 🌷 in bloom!



Hope everyone has a good week!











4 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I really like the simple elegance of that open front white cardigan and how easily it seems to be layer over a dress. Very nice!

Laura B said...

Beautiful and polished outfits for spring! I think my favorite is that gorgeous aqua dress on you! You always do such a good job with the accessories! Your outfits are so well thought out!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Three perfect transitional outfits! I love a cardigan buttoned up and belted. Yours is such a beautiful color. Glad you enjoyed Easter, and thanks for linking.

Mica said...

It's always nice to break out the spring and summer pieces when it gets warmer - even if you have to layer them up a little more! I love that first outfit particularly, the pieces were all made to pair with each other and they look so good on you!

Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you have had a great weekend :) It's been a quiet one here with the rain!

Away From The Blue