Sunday, April 24, 2022

Black and White with a Splash of Color


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

This week I chose two outfits in black and white,
 livened up with a splash of color
If you have been here before, you know I am a big fan of bright color!

My first outfit is separates, a white lightweight 3/4 sleeve pullover sweater
with a tiny tone on tone embroidered polka dot pattern
Paired with a seldom worn unusual wrap skirt in black, white and grey stripes




I made this casual outfit fun with accessories 
Wearing a turquoise vintage scarf as an impromptu necklace
and a black and white polka dot headband
For jewelry, a shiny silver tone hinged bracelet 
and faceted dome stud earrings


Carrying a turquoise square fold over flap clutch
for another pop of color


White perforated slip on sneakers to complete this fun spring look!



Another black and white outfit with a pop of bright pink this time
White short sleeve twill jacket with safari details
worn with a black and white print pleated midi shirt
I wore this skirt styled differently on the blog back in January
in a post about layering with a blazer 





I just noticed I'm wearing polka dots in both of these outfits-
It's such a mood lifting print!
Some pops of pink with a bright pink and white polka dotted scarf
and a fuchsia clutch bag


For jewelry, a chunky gold tone chain link bracelet and chain drop earrings


I have been wearing these black and tan toe cap sling backs
quite a bit in the past few months
The are very comfortable, and are a versatile classic style




An example of black and white with a splash of color from 2018
It is a formula I reach for often!

Turquoise with black and white


Some pops of color in the garden
the tulips are still blooming beautifully! 💐 


Hope you all have a wonderful week!

 

10 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh that first skirt looks so good on you! I almost never wear black and white but I feel inspired now!

Jessica Jannenga said...

Love the cut and style of the first black and white skirt - those sneakers look light and fun too! The pop of pink with the scarf is very pretty! I love your style :-)
thank you for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Anonymous said...

The sneakers definitely bring a fun, sporty vibe to the skirt outfit. The turquoise accessorized it beautifully.

Sally in St Paul said...

Not sure how I posted as Anonymous! That was Sally in St Paul.

Anna from Looking Fabulous @ Fifty said...

I love the pop of colours in your black and white outfits. The skirt has unusual pattern, looks great on you. Have a nice week ahead
https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

Lovely said...

Loving these looks here! You can never go wrong with black and white. The tulips are beautiful!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Laura B said...

These are all cute outfits with bright splashes of color! I really like your 2018 outfit!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Black and white is so fabulous with a pop of colour. I will try it with turquoise too. And I adore polka dots. Thanks for linking, have a good weekend!

mireille said...

That first skirt is so much fun! I really love that outfit!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Mica said...

Ooh I love adding pops of colour to outfits with my bags so I'm loving these outfits (especially the first two!) the coordination with the scarves and bags is just perfect and a great way to add more colour to an outfit! :)

Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope that you are having a good weekend :)

Away From The Blue