Sunday, April 3, 2022

A Multitude of Blues for Spring

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!

I'm not talking about a blue mood here, 
but the many shades of the color blue that are trending for spring
  There is a shade for everyone in the shops and online now!
Of course, there is Very Peri,
 the blue-violet color chosen by Pantone as the color of the year,
and lots of shades of blue and purple, too
 Other blue hues shown at the New York Fashion Week spring/summer show 
are Spun Sugar, a clear, pale pastel blue, Glacier Lake, a soft medium blue, 
 Harbour Blue, a shade of teal, and Skydiver, which is in the navy/royal blue family
 The popularity of all of these shades of blue and purple seems to point to
  a great need to calm our collective spirit

For this post, I chose two outfits in a mix of blue hues
My first outfit is a bright blue soft jacket 
The jacket is layered over a multi color cropped lace blouse
 of Very Peri, Glacier Blue, black and ivory
Worn with black straight leg ankle crop trousers 


Mixed blues


I received this quilted half circle bag with the chunky chain handle
as a gift from my husband for Christmas-so cute!
It matches so nicely with the shoes I'm wearing, too  


Mixing a few decades with the blue tones in my accessories today
I chose a vintage 1940's wrap blue bead and faux pearl bracelet
and 1950's gold tone leaf 🍃 motif clip on earrings
Also in the mix is a wired crinkle scarf/hairband 
I think I am going to look back on the photos of this time
and the thing that will stand out most is all of the hairbands!
It's a trend that I have really embraced


Two tone black and tan sling back 
spectator pumps to finish the look



Another bluesy outfit and another headband!
This outfit features a wild geometric print silk blouse from Michael Kors
The colors area bright blue and white on a navy blue background 
This blouse has a flattering wide boat neckline and full elbow length sleeves 
Worn with a long, full skirt in what Pantone would currently label Skydiver Blue 


Always down for a swishy skirt!


Accessorizing with a wide, distressed metallic silver belt
and what do you know-a hairband! 


Silver tone jewelry to complement the belt buckle
A multi band, open cuff bracelet and hoop earrings


Carrying a light tan 70's vintage fringed bag
that seems to fit the boho vibe of the outfit


Taupe cross strap block heels to finish the outfit



I love wearing blue, and their are lots of shades in my closet-
here's a royal blue dress from spring, 2018


Garden blooms in shades of blue and purple




Hope everyone has a good week!







 

11 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

You can wear any lenght! That dress is so lovely but the skirt is fab too!

Lovely said...

Fab looks! The lace blouse is very pretty!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Sally in St Paul said...

I enjoy the boldness of these cobalt blue colors and the variations in how you styled them!

Claire Justine said...

Great look, such a beautiful colour blue :)

Laura B said...

You have some beautiful blue pieces! I love that bold shade of blue! It's so flattering on so many skin tones! And your flowers are stunning! I can't wait until we get some blooms here!

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

I'm loving all the deep shades of blue in the shops at the moment. I find them so flattering. You look fabulous in all these looks!
Hugs
Suzy x

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Beautiful in blues. Love how your on-trend headwear has added a different element to your outfits! Have a good weekend

Olivia said...

I love blues on Spring! Look great on you also!

Love and Wellness
www.wellnessshopland.com

Mica said...

You are beautiful in blue! I really like that second outfit especially! Blue is my favourite colour so I'm always happy to see it trending again!

Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a good weekend. We have had a playdate every day!

Away From The Blue

Jessica Jannenga said...

Such pretty looks, blues are great color on you and I love that scarf in the last picture!
I love the shape of your quilted bag, hubby has good taste! :-)
Thanks for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Lorena said...

Beautiful hue of blue, I think it is also called Klein blue?
I have been missing out on most fashion related events I did not see FW and has no idea this color was trending.
I came to see a few blogs I feel that I've missed out on too much!