Sunday, May 29, 2022

Happy Memorial Day




Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog this week!

Happy Memorial Day to those of you in the US,
 and I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, all around the world 
The Memorial Day holiday kicks off the unofficial beginning of the summer season
It is hard to believe that summer is almost here,
since throughout April and May this year we have had unusually chilly and rainy weather
in this part of the country
I wonder what happened to spring. Did Mother Nature skip it this year?

Anyway, for this post I am wearing two outfits in red, white and blue
in keeping with the colors of this patriotic holiday
My first look has a nautical theme, which is a favorite of mine,
 especially during the summer months
We live on an island that is on a peninsula, so water surrounds us-
so nautical is truly a way of life!
 Wearing a navy blue and white striped blouse is a modified boat neck style
with shoulder buttons and a navy blue yolk
Paired with a white linen skirt, the perfect warm weather color and fabric,
 in a button front midi style
This skirt has big flapped patch pockets-a detail that gets extra stars!



Sailor Di




Carrying a red pouch style drawcord handle bag
This kind of bag reminds me of something to carry a picnic lunch in-perfect!
 

I chose jewelry to go along with the nautical theme of the outfit
A red enamel anchor shaped necklace, silver tone link cuff bracelet 
and faceted dome stud earrings


To complete this leap into summer, 
I got out my blue and white striped lace up espadrilles to wear 



Here's another casual holiday outfit in patriotic red and navy blue
Wearing a red 3/4 sleeve knit top paired with dark wash flared denim jeans



 Going a bit nautical, and a bit 60's/70's throw back, with the wide flare jeans!



Carrying the same bag as the first outfit


Butterflies are big for the spring and summer season this year, as are all things Y2K
This butterfly pendant is from the 1970's, though
It is silver plated and I purchased it from a vintage shop in it's original box
 It has two other interchangeable pendants for the chain, an owl and a fish
The other jewelry pictured is a much loved and worn silver tone knot bracelet
and large hoop earrings



Ring and braid detail leather belt
and a festive red and blue striped hair band 


Metallic perforated stacked wooden heel slides to finish the look



A Memorial Day holiday outfit from the past, 2019


Some sweet bakery treats for the occasion!



Hope everyone enjoys their week!








 

7 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I love the nautical look, it always gives me a holiday vibe! Oeps, just had one, lol.

Lovely said...

The first and last outfits are my favorites!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Sally in St Paul said...

Navy, white, and red is a favorite color combination for me, so those first two outfits pushed all my buttons. The lighter blue is also a great look.

Laura B said...

I love your patriotic outfits! That light blue skirt is so pretty on you! I love the shade!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I would wear these outfits in a heart beat! I love the nautical look. And blue red and white is very appropriate fir the Queen's Jubilee here in the UK this weekend. Hope you have a good weekend.

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi Di,
Such pretty styles and perfect for Memorial Day and beyond. I love the stripes in navy/white and the pop of red- such a cute purse. The anchor necklace is a great touch! Love the dark denim with the red as well. You have long legs too! The last outfit is lovely as well.
Hope you had a great Memorial Day!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Mica said...

I really like that second outfit with all the red against the dark denim! All three look so good on you thought! Hope you had a wonderful memorial day :)

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup :) Hope you are having a good weekend. It's a busy one here!

Away From The Blue