Sunday, September 11, 2022

Bridge Season Blues

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog

Blue is one of my favorite colors to wear,
 and I have a lot of choices, since there are a lot of blues in my closet!
Shades of this hue are on the top of my go to list for all seasons, 
so it seems like a good choice to help navigate 
through the tricky summer to fall bridge season

My first outfit is a combination of two fairly season-less pieces
An aqua blue blazer style jacket and a full skirt in the medium blue
 shade of the year, periwinkle, or Very Peri
 

I don't remember ever styling these two blues together in the same outfit-
a lot of blue, for sure!


This ivory bag is good for all seasons too,
 but I think the satchel style leans a bit towards fall
 I have started packing up my lightest summer things
including my straw and white handbags
but have not yet tackled unpacking for the upcoming fall and winter    


You can't really see the pattern on my scarf when it is worn,  
so here it is spread out-have you ever seen a more adorable print?
This sweet puppy 🐶 print is vintage, from the 1940's
and incorporates both of the blues in my outfit
As a matter of fact, the scarf is the inspiration for this look


For jewelry, I went full on matchy-matchy with aqua stone stud earrings 
and a vintage 1950's silver tone and aqua plastic atomic design bracelet


Tan suede cross strap block heels to finish the look



Denim is the perfect season-less textile, 
so for the fall transition I opted for a double denim outfit
Wearing a pale blue light wash western style denim shirt
with mid wash straight leg jeans


Can't get much bluer than this, accept maybe my first outfit!


Carrying a tan drawcord bucket bag
and wearing my favorite 70's vintage butterfly buckle belt


For accessories, I chose a pink paisley print scarf for my hair,
and burnished gold tone jewelry
An arrow collar necklace, two toned wrap bracelet and hoop earrings
 

Perforated metallic slides to complete this
nod to western wear outfit



Navigated the bridge season in shades of blue last year also,
with a blouse in blue, yellow and ivory
and dark blue wash flare denim trousers


Here is an early fall bouquet 💐 from the garden in transition   
I love that the roses add such beautiful color to the garden,
blooming spring through fall


Hope everyone has a good week!

















 

6 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I like your aqua + blue combo. I wore those colors together recently for the first time (blue cardigan, aqua skirt) and was surprised how much I liked it. There are a lot of possibilities with these colors!

Laura B said...

Your first outfit is my favorite! The colors together are stunning! And that fall bouquet is gorgeous too! Hope you are having a good week!

Lovely said...

I love the colour combo in the first outfit, and you look amazing in all these styles.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love your styling of the jeans, I would never have thought of using tan accessories but it looks superb! I have become a fan of blue fairly recently but now I wear different shades of blue a lot. Fully appreciate your blues! The puppy scarf is so cute. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for linking.

Mica said...

Oh I love the coordination of that first outfit matching the adorable scarf! Those two shades of blue look wonderful together! I like blue and find myself wearing it a lot - as you've shown here no matter what shades you wear, blues always look good together! :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear link up. Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

Away From The Blue

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I don't think I have ever seen you in jeans, very cool! Love a monochrome or ton sur ton blue outfit!