Monday, September 5, 2022

Fall-ify a Summer Outfit with a Jacket Layer

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

The seasons are changing once more *sigh*
Of all the seasonal transitions, I have the most difficulty turning summer over to fall

To make the transition a wee bit easier, 
this creme color blazer works great for late summer days
I am layering it over summer pieces to extend their wearability a little longer
The weather at this time can be a little fickle,
and wearing a jacket that can easily be taken off and put back on
 during these changeable days is helpful 
 I have found this blazer to be a good neutral bridge season piece,
 and am wearing it in two different looks for this post
The pieces in both of these outfits were worn by themselves earlier this summer

 First, the creme blazer worn over a brown, pink and ivory print
 two piece blouse and skirt set
I wore this set back in August in a post about paisley prints
Today, I am layering the blazer belted over the set to create a new look 
for the transitional season




Carrying a blush and nude scalloped flap bag
Also accessorizing with a wide dusty pink faux suede hair band
I think adding textures also helps signal the seasonal change  


For jewelry, I chose a mix of vintage and current pieces
starting with a special pair of 1940's screw back silver tone 3-D bow earrings
 with pink rhinestone centers
 Also wearing a current silver tone knot bracelet,
 and seldom worn 1940's vintage faux pearl three strand necklace-
I haven't had these out for ages!


For shoes, a very versatile favorite pair of nude ankle tie low heel pumps



For my next outfit, the same jacket worn over a summer midi dress
This dress has a creme background with a red and coral floral print
I wore it back in July in a post about coral tones 




Accessorizing with some chunky silver tone jewelry
A vintage double chain link necklace, a wide distressed open cuff bracelet,
and textured dome stud earrings
I start wearing my heftier jewelry when the season starts to change 


Carrying my 60's vintage embossed hard case clutch
Also, wearing the same blush pink suede hairband as the first outfit
Hairbands are a great foil for misbehaving hair-
which mine has been doing a lot of, lately!


Trusty season spanning taupe suede cross strap block heels
to finish the outfit



Moving into fall this time last year, 
with a creme color pullover sweater over a summer dress 



A late summer garden beauty


And the last of the summer squash from the farmer's market-
I will miss it until next year!



Hope everyone has a good week!

 

4 comments:

mireille said...

I usually transitioning into fall with my denim jackets since I do not have blazers. Loving your green ruffle skirt and what a beautiful bloom!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Great transitional looks. A cream jacket and pullover are always fabulous for this. I find the first few weeks of autumn/fall challenging. It's often still warm, but raining. It feels too soon to start wearing tights or boots, but sandals and bare legs are no longer appropriate. Sigh!

Laura B said...

Well first of all, that squash is so cute! I haven't seen that kind before. I love the cream blazer with both of your first 2 outfits. It looks great belted or open!

Mica said...

Oh that blazer is so perfect on you and in every outfit! I really like it with that pretty floral dress especially :)

I don't wear my blazers nearly often enough - still having a hard time seeing them outside of office life, they used to be office staples for me! I need to wear them more this spring - as you've pointed out they are great transitional pieces!

Thank you for joining the weekday wear link up. Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

Away From The Blue