Sunday, September 18, 2022

Season Spanning Florals

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog! 

This week, I'm getting one last wear in for a few of my lighter weight floral dresses
I can hardly believe it will soon be time once more to switch out my closet-
summer passed by so quickly!
  Currently I am starting to sort out what to pack away
 for the next spring and summer season,
and what pieces can stay out a little longer to span the bridge season
 At this time of year, I also note what pieces have not been worn and why
I am not as quick to donate or consign, lately
When I look in my wardrobe, I like what I have better than what I see in the stores
  
My first dress is a faux wrap midi with a full tiered skirt
It has a pinkish mauve background with a lot of colors in the floral print,
  which is good for lots of mixing, matching and layering possibilities 
For this nearly fall wear, 
I am layering the dress under a denim vest and with a navy blue belt 



Accessorizing with a taupe top knot headband,
burnished gold tone arrow collar necklace and hoop earrings 


Carrying an off white reptile embossed handle bag
 I'm not as crazy about as I thought I'd be what I purchased it,
although I love the shape
 Re-purposing a pink leather neck/hair tie by   
 attaching it to the loop for the detached cross body strap to dress the bag up a bit 


Suede shoe booties with stacked wooden heels to finish to look 



Here is another printed dress, this one I wore on the blog in June in a post about florals
It has more autumnal colors, so I thought it would be well suited 
for layering an early fall look
Honestly, it's a very pretty dress, but after a couple of tries,
I don't like this color on me any better in the fall than I did in the summer
 I think this dress may be one that is headed for the consignment shop! 



To accessorize, a taupe leather sash belt and 60's vintage embossed clutch


Gold tone jewelry seems right for this outfit
so I chose an open cuff bracelet, hinged collar necklace
and a pair of 50's atomic clip on earrings I ordered from Etsy
A took a gamble on these earrings and they are a success story-I love them!


Metallic perforated block heel slides to finish the outfit


I wear lots of florals into the fall
Here is a green floral dress from autumn 2018



Flowers for the beginning of fall: Chrysanthemums!



Hope everyone has a good week!





5 comments:

Lovely said...

The dresses are beautiful, and these are great looks for fall.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Sally in St Paul said...

Nice round-up of fall floral dress styling. It's too bad about the color of the second dress not working for you - I have the same issue with that color, esp. near the face.

Laura B said...

I love your dresses! Personally I like red, but I never seem to reach for it and wear it enough so often my red items get donated too! I like the way you belted it though! Hope you are having a great week!

mireille said...

I keep my floral dresses out all year long as I will wear them with boots and denim jackets or boots and sweaters in the cooler months.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Mica said...

it's a shame you're not loving the second dress - I really like it on you! but definitely better to let it go if you're not enjoying wearing it, it will give you the chance to let someone else enjoy it and mean you can wear one of the other pretty floral dresses in your wardrobe :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear link up. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

Away From The Blue