Sunday, November 13, 2022

Borrowed from the Boys

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!
Tailored dressing never goes out of style, but this season it's very much in
Sweater vests have been trending for the past few seasons
and bold shouldered blazers and suiting is trending this fall
It seems like a good time to share a few looks borrowed from the boys 

My first outfit is in one of my favorite color combinations-red, white and blue
All of these basic pieces could be considered menswear inspired:
A classic cut button down shirt, sweater vest and tailored straight leg trousers,
as well as my penny loafer flats



The tiny ditsy floral pattern on the shirt
adds a feminine touch, as well as my accessories 


Carrying my red drawstring pouch bag,


with a red and navy striped hair band and simple gold tone jewelry
Chain link earrings and an asymmetrical hinged necklace


There's not much that is more classic than loafers
I have had these for quite a while, but don't wear them very often
I like that they are a little different, in a two toned neutral animal print
mixed with a darker brown



My next outfit highlights the sharp tailoring in skirts and jackets that is all over this season 
 I have also been seeing a lot of full on skirt and pant suits in matching bright colors
Think about those Barbiecore two piece jacket skirt and pant suits that are really hot right now
It seem like the designers are collectively trying to nudge us out of athleisure wear
and into more structured dressing
I wonder if it will catch on? Time will tell
Wearing a light tan double breasted jacket
 belted over a blue-grey asymmetrical faux wrap skirt
I wore this jacket earlier this fall in the beginning of October
in a post about neutrals color worn with a pop of color
   


Sharp shoulders and details


Carrying my two tone navy and wine mini bucket bag with tassels


I chose a vintage scarf to tie the two colors of the jacket and skirt together
The blazer is an odd shade of tan, it has a little bit of a mauve tone to it
  I thought it would be very versatile,
but it turns out to be difficult to blend with the things I thought it would work with
Judging colors under fluorescent store lighting is a challenge!

For jewelry, chunky gold tone hoops and a free form hinged bracelet 
  

Shiny red patent leather pumps for a bit of color 



Flashback to 2018
I remember waistcoats, as well as long vests where trending at this time
 I still have all of the pieces in this outfit
I am thinking about other ways to style this voluminous plaid skirt this winter



Not much color in the garden just now
Here are some cheerful red and yellow flowers from six months ago
back in the spring 
💐🌹🌼  


Hope everyone has a good week!











 

8 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I love the red, white, and blue combo so that first outfit is right up my alley! I like the red/blue accessories throughout these outfits. You make a good point about post-pandemic push to dress in a more tailored manner, and it'll be interesting indeed to see how that turns out. Tailored looks in more comfortable fabrications, perhaps?

Jessica Jannenga said...


Hi Di!
I do need a pair of red heels! I love those and I have a few Vaneli pairs of shoes that are so well made. I love each outfit and have vests that are structured, and am loving the tailored looks as well. I have a bit of a blazer obsession too! Everything looks so smart and I love the attention you pay to your accessories!
I think once I can wear jeans again- I love the combo of jeans and blazers too.
Have a great week!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Lovely said...

The first outfit is my favorite, but all these are great ideas. The striped hair band is cute!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

mummabstylish said...

Love the pops of red. Thanks for sharing on the #Chicandstylish linkup Jacqui xx

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I love tailored structured dressing but now that I've given up work, it's not really appropriate for my lifestyle. Sweater vests, yes! Love your red top, such a cheerful color for gloomy days.

Laura B said...

I love how menswear can look so powerful and feminine on a woman! You look absolutely fabulous. I adore your red sweater vest! I wish I could belt a blazer like that but it just doesn't work on my body type. I'll admire it from afar on you!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I do love a bit of preppyness. In fact I am wearing it right now! Love all three looks here Di!

Mica said...

You look great in these outfits! The second one is my favourite though, I love how you have styled the blazer! :)

Hope you are having a wonderful day :)

www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au