Sunday, November 20, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!


For the Thanksgiving holiday this year I chose two outfits that are a little bit dressy
 My goal with these outfits is to project a positive, upbeat vibe
 and a little bit of dress up fun can help
It has been a difficult year, so I am striving to spread as much warmth and happiness
as I possibly can!

My first outfit is not a natural choice,
 it took some playing around with and thinking outside the box
It was a fun and creative process, and I am pleased with the way it turned out
(this time!)
Wearing a tan perforated leather jacket with white trim
 over a white camisole top
Paired with a brick red floral midi skirt with an asymmetrically ruffle
These are season spanning pieces, but I have never worn them together,
and usually choose them for spring


Together with the fall accessories, 
I think the pieces give a festive, autumnal vibe


Carrying a red square quilted bag
This bag is by Mango, and has a convertible chain cross body strap
I have gotten a lot of us from it, but faux leather tends to have a short life span
and it is starting to flake and show signs of wear-
too bad, I would love to clone it! 


I picked out subtle, lustrous gold tone jewelry for this look
A collar necklace with discs all around, a yellow and rose gold wrap bracelet
and ball stud earrings


Tan suede mules with stacked wooden heels
to finish the outfit



I am loving the deep magenta 
 that is in the palette for fall and winter this year 
With the Barbiecore craze, every shade of pink is trending
The deep shade of this shirt is a favorite

Wearing a tailored button down in a saturated shade of magenta tied at the waist
over a sleeveless cobalt blue flare skirted dress



I chose bold gold tone jewelry to complement the intense colors of this outfit
A collar necklace of "V" shaped links, a triangular blue dyed fossil bracelet
and embossed stud earrings


I chose bold gold tone jewelry to complement the intense colors of this outfit
A collar necklace of "V" shaped links, a triangular blue dyed fossil bracelet
and embossed stud earrings


Carrying a bright pink fold-over flap bag 


Wine colored suede asymmetrical strap heels to finish the look




The photo below is from fall, 2018
I am wearing the same dress as the outfit above, in a similar color combination, 
but with a bell sleeve magenta and cobalt lace print blouse underneath the dress
Still a lot more ways to restyle this dress!


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday this year
Stay safe and enjoy!


I'm taking a little holiday blog break
See you in December, when the world turns from orange to red and green🎄!

 




4 comments:

Lovely said...

The asymmetrical skirt is lovely, and I like how you styled it.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Lovely outfits! Lovely colour combinations! Have a great time during your break!

Laura B said...

That ruffled skirt is beautiful! I love the combination with your cardigan. Great outfits!

Mica said...

These are such stylish outfits on you but the first one is my favourite, that skirt is stunning! It's always nice when you try a new outfit combination and it works! :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up! Hope you are having a great weekend :)

www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au