Sunday, November 6, 2022

Red Accessories

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

I am fond of the color red and wear it quite a lot,
 in both my clothing and accessories
For me, the color is happy and energizing 
Shades of red are in rotation in my wardrobe, no matter what the season,
or whether or not red is in the fashion spotlight at the moment-it's a classic color!
This fall season red happens to be very on trend,
 since Pantone has named Lava Red as one of it's colors of the year
 I thought I would devote this post to showing some of my many red accessories,
I did a post with some of my Lava Falls Red clothing pieces back in October 

My first outfit with red accessories is a sage green drape front cropped jacket
layered over a black sleeveless midi dress with a tiered skirt
(hard to see the details in black)




To add color to this outfit in subdued colors, I added red accessories 
I chose a favorite red vintage handbag, from the 50's
This bag has an unusual silver tone frame and decorative hardware


Also, wearing a wide red leather belt with silver tone buckle


Nude with black toe cap block heel sling backs
to finish the look



Next, an outfit of blue, green and white 
with red accessories for pops of color

Navy blue and forest green striped blazer over a white tailored shirt
with dark wash high waisted, flared denim jeans  



Carrying a red satchel bag with bold buckle detail on the handles



I also added an array of red accessories: 
Vintage 50's expandable plastic bracelet and a different red belt,
this one is a braided pattern
 Also wearing silver tone hoop earrings



I chose this seldom worn 40's vintage brooch for another pop of color
Red rhinestones in the stylized shape of berries maybe? or flower buds? 
It is silver tone with painted leaves and stem



I like to wear mules and slides and have had this pair of neutral tan suede ones for several years
They are a sort of hybrid shoe bootie and I have been choosing them a lot this fall




An outfit with red accessories from the past:
around this time of year in 2018,
 and another favorite vintage bag, this one from the 60's that I wear frequently 



 Hope everyone enjoys there week!


 

7 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

Red is probably my favorite "pop of color" choice, and you showcase it wonderfully in this post. I love your red handbag collection!

Jessica Jannenga said...

HI Di,
Sorry I am just getting about to comment, dealing with my health has been like a full time job! Love red too, and just bought a (blue/red, not orangy) red blazer from Mango, to style for the Holidays. You ve styled the color so lovely and I love that brooch too. Red accessories always are beautiful to add that punch of color to a look You look great!
thanks for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh so many fabulous items here! That first bag!! I have said it many times, but you own such amazing bags. And those jeans!! Wow! Your legs are so long in it. And that brooche, such a lovely one!

Laura B said...

Red accessories make such a good statement and pop of color! I need to try pairing read and olive. It's so cute on you!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love the crisp white shirt with tailored blazer and pants! Red is a wonderful accent color, thanks for the reminder. I'll get my red boots, gloves and bag out!

Mica said...

Oh I am loving that second outfit with the blazer and pops of red! I like the red and green combo in the first one too, and of course the third outfit, but I'm really loving that second one! I think red is such a good pop of colour for accessories!

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up. Hope you are having a lovely weekend! It's a nice sunny one here.

www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

Fantastic outfits! I love red accessories, they really pop against a neutral outfit. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com