Sunday, February 19, 2023

Cozy Sweater Dresses

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

 Spring is just around the corner, and I can't wait!
While most of us are looking forward to warmer temperatures, the reality is, 
 we are still in the midst of the coldest weather of the season and have to dress accordingly
  Warm and cozy clothing is still called for, 
so this week I am featuring two snug and comfortable knit dresses
 that I am currently wearing
 
For my first outfit for the end of winter 
I chose a black and white mock neck sweater knit dress
with a windowpane pattern 
Layering a bright royal blue pullover sweater on top   


Two layers of knits=toasty warm!


Carrying my 1960's vintage handle bag with the big, bold buckle detail


For jewelry, I chose a mix of modern and vintage pieces
A favorite 1960's gold tone reticulated leaf pendant,
vintage dome shaped earrings
and a modern bracelet with a blue triangular fossil 


These wide, shiny black vinyl accessories 
give this outfit a 60's vibe, I think


Low wedge heel tassel loafers to complete the outfit


My second outfit this week is a chunky purple rib knit dress,
brightened up with some colorful accessories 



Large, cozy scarf šŸ§£ of a multicolored pixelated print
of turquoise, purple, royal blue, and grey around my neck


Carrying my turquoise quilted bag
It has a gold tone cross body chain strap tucked inside


For jewelry, dyed teal green stone stud earrings
and a two toned gold and rose gold tone wrap bracelet


Tan wooden stacked heel loafers to complete this warm winter outfit
(Oops, photographed them at an angle that the heels are not visible,
they appear to be floating LOL!)



Flashback to February 2017,
when I was wearing a sweater vest over a sweater dress
Don't know why I edited the subtle plaid Ralph Lauren bag out of my wardrobe (regret)
I think my reasoning at the time was that I rarely wore brown
In recent years, I have been holding on to things and storing them
Even if I don't wear them for a season,
the classics come back, and back around again!


Hope you all have a good week!

 

8 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Indeed! Our heads may be half in spring, but it is still very cold! I can't wait either. Love the last shoes, very elegant. And the blue bracelet! Have a good start of the week.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful looks Di! You pay such great attention to detail! I love the teal look and am a huge fan of sweater dresses. I love how you are layering! We are getting some Springlike weather here.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sat, than k you for linking!
Jess xx
Www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Sally in St Paul said...

Love the layering of the blue sweater over the dress - practical and visually very interesting! The turquoise/teal accessories are gorgeous. I hear you about your handbag edit regret - it's so often worth holding on to the classic pieces even if they're not in high rotation for you at a given time.

Laura B said...

Great idea to layer over top of that first dress to add warmth and color! And I like that you belted them all to give them more shape. These all look fabulous on you! I especially like your blue triangular bracelet. You always have great accessories!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

The layering over the first dress is inspired, and adds a great pop of cobalt. Love Teal and your accessories. I hear you on getting rid of a bag and regretting it. I'm always doing that!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh Di, you should have joined us with The Good Buy/Good-Bye Book. The theme was knit dress! These are great!

Mica said...

I really like how well you wear these knit dresses! the second outfit is my favourite though, I just adore the pops of turquoise, the accessories are perfect! :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)