Sunday, February 5, 2023

February-The Month of love

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Hearts are one of my favorite motifs, 💕💕💕 any time of the year,
 but February, seems an especially good time to showcase  
  some of the many pieces of clothing and accessories
 in my wardrobe with heart designs 

My first outfit this week features a short sleeve sweater in a giant heart within hearts pattern
I am breaking with tradition a bit with this outfit
 as the sweater has an unusual lack of the colors pink and red 
that are so prominent around the Valentine's Day holiday!
I think this is a good time to wear the sweater, as the color green is trending now, 
and there will be lots of opportunities to wear those lovely 
pinks and reds in the weeks to come!
Wearing this 70's vibe knit with ivory straight leg ankle cropped trousers  


So retro!


Carrying a vintage hard case reptile embossed purse
I usually use this bag as a clutch, but if I need to be hands free,
 it has a versatile convertible metallic cord shoulder or cross body strap
that can be tucked inside


Accessorizing with a wide, distressed studded belt
and silver tone cuff bracelet and hoop earrings


Tying a vintage scarf in my hair
This scarf is an amazing print in peach and green on ivory 
of a Victorian couple in a garden scene complete with cupids and young lovers
Perfect for Valentine's Month!
The scarf also depicts the season of spring-
which I am so ready for
(Just have to get through the month of February first!) 


Metallic perforated slides to finish the look


My second outfit is a white semi-sheer wrap style blouse,
with long full sleeves and an all-over ditsy print of tiny black flocked hearts
The waist ties on this blouse are extra long and fun to style 
For this wear, I have wrapped them around me twice and tied a big bow
They would sweep the floor dramatically like streamers, otherwise
I wear this blouse at other times of the year, as well, 
but the heart print is perfect for Valentine's month
Worn with a flippy, flared hem knee length skirt    





In keeping with the heart motif and the holiday,
I am carrying my quilted red heart shaped bag


For jewelry, I chose my chunky gold tone "D" initial necklace
and large bow shaped red enamel earrings
The earrings were an unlikely vintage shop find
  I have no idea where they started their life,
but I love the bow shape and feel lucky to have stumbled across them
They will be much loved!


Really red pumps with knot detail on the vamp
I ordered these, believing they would be a darker, more subdued shade of red 
But ta-da! They are bright, fire engine red, (unlike the photo online)
I still like them, they are a good fit, but not as versatile as I hoped in this stand out shade


Traveling back to February 2019, in a bright pink outfit
I wore this deep pink skirt just a few weeks ago also, on the blog
 in my Barbiecore post


The bag has a sweet heart and dot print



Hope everyone has a lovely week!

6 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Now, you are in a Valentine mood! THose earrings are fantastic, I love bows. And the green tee is fabulous too, green is my favourite colour after black.

Laura B said...

These are all such darling Valentine's Day outfits! The wrap blouse is so fun, especially with that dramatic bow. I like the non traditional color of your green top as well!

Sally in St Paul said...

Love the green heart sweater for a less traditional Valentine's Day color scheme that also gives a hopeful feeling of the spring to come!

Mica said...

The green top is a wonderful way to dress for valentine's day while not wearing the traditional colours. I have to say the second outfit is my favourite though, I love the pops of red with the black and white! It's a shame we don't really celebrate Valentine's day in Australia!

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You still look classy while Valentine's appropriate! I love the heart shaped bag. Hope your Valentine's Day is a special one!

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love the heart shaped bag and red shoes! Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com