Sunday, May 28, 2023

Bright Blue in the Mix!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog
I hope everyone is having a happy Memorial Day celebration! 

This spring and summer season is all about bold color
For this post, I am shopping my closet 🛍
for outfits centered around bright, bold royal blue
I choose this color frequently, because I find it uplifting and I love to wear it
Royal blue is especially great in the springtime, with it's nautical vibe,
and I have plenty of the color in my wardrobe to chose from

My first outfit starts with a sleeveless fit and flare royal blue dress
This style and color are staples for me, that I wear all year round
I have worn this versatile dress in every season,
 alone with a few key accessories, as well as with a layer over or under it 

Today I am wearing the dress under a top
 with a large blue and white gingham print to give it a seasonal vibe!
 



Carrying my circular straw bag with the sea shell motif
for the first time this season,
and wearing a red and white scarf in my hair


For jewelry I chose a 1950's vintage white plastic expansion bracelet, 
silver tone knot motif bracelet, and star shaped stud earrings


It's almost summer, so time to break out the espadrilles!
A red and white striped pair with red laces
to finish the look 



My second outfit also features royal blue,
and items that I have been mixing and matching
from spring and summer seasons past
Blue short sleeve top tied at the waist
over a multicolored paint drip look print dress




Carrying a 1960's vintage  bright yellow patent leather bag
that I don't use often enough
It may get out of the closet more now,
 since yellow is a big fashion color this season
 I am seeing that a lot of bright color is trending into the fall, also
Glad to see Dopamine dressing continue to be so popular!



Gold tone jewelry for this outfit includes
open circle shaped earrings, a hinged bar bracelet 
and a special vintage locket with two love birds etched onto the front


Teal open toe cork wedge sandals to finish the outfit
These shoes have been in my giveaway pile several times,
but I always pull them back out 
They have a sort of retro look and the unusual color
draws them back to me!


The blouse in the first outfit seems to have become one of my summer holiday go-to's
Looking back, I noticed I wore it
in my Independence Day post styled with a favorite pair of white denim jeans



Hope everyone enjoys their week!

 

5 comments:

mireille said...

I so love bright blue! And this reminds me I need to wear my bright blue tank!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Sally in St Paul said...

Love the layering over the dresses in these outfits. Can't go wrong with bright blue for late spring and summer, especially mixed with white!

Mica said...

I love all shades of blue, but the bold ones like this royal blue are my favourite. especially your second outfit, I'll always have a soft spot for blue and yellow together! :) I have a couple of yellow bags now, they really do make me smile :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)

Kellyann Rohr said...

I am a big fan of bright blue. Super cute outfits here, perfect for Summer!
So glad you linked this post up with us!
xo,
Kellyann

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love the gingham shirt over the dress! The red ankle straps on the shoes are a fabulous detail. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com