Sunday, May 7, 2023

Spring Plaid


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

The majority of my plaid clothing is in heavier fabrics for fall and winter wear,
but there are a few exceptions

This week, I have pulled together two outfits with plaid patterns
that are perfect for spring 

My first outfit is made up of a sleeveless dress
 in a black and taupe plaid, on a white background
I have been perplexed about just when and how to wear this dress
It has been in my closet for several years, but seldom chosen
The fabric is lightweight, and it is clearly meant to be a spring and summer dress,
 but most of the ways I have styled it in the past, have veered quite dark,
picking up the bold, black in the print and I have worn it in the fall
The dress is neutral, so I could wear it with any colors,
but the white bordered hem didn't seem quite right for layering it for winter
Since black and white are trending for spring this year,
a thought I would try the dress under a white blazer-
I think it brightens it up quite a bit!  
   



The dress suffers from an identity crisis-
not sure if it is going to stay in my wardrobe 


A bright pink bag seems just right
 for a pop of this popular color for a springtime styling


Accessorizing with a gold tone chunky chain link initial necklace,
hinged bar bracelet and pink triangular stone stud earrings
 

Black wide strap block heel sandals to finish the outfit



A more subtle plaid pattern in pale pink, with a touch of blue and white
I wore this jacket back in very early spring,
 in a post about the changeable weather of the month of March
The jacket is pretty versatile, and works especially well    
  for covering the bridge months in fall, and in spring, too
Today I am styling it with a column of denim
Denim colored V neck tee and mid wash boot cut jeans
of nearly the same color as the top
I'm a big fan of pink, but I'm not really crazy about this particular shade on me
It is the muted, dusty pinkish mauve 
that is very popular now, and is a little difficult to describe-and to wear!
I have noticed a lot of muted, dusty neutrals and near neutrals
dominating the shops this season




Some jewelry I haven't worn for quite a while
seemed to suit this outfit
Two silver tone vintage pieces:
An unusual double link chain necklace
and a Sarah Coventry bracelet with multi colored oval faux stones
Also wearing a pair of my favorite hand crafted sterling silver bird earrings



Carrying a sweet little pale pink heart shaped handle bag


Buff color short western boots with stacked heels to finish the look


Blooming in the garden now,
A fragrant cluster of pink spring Hyacinth



As always, I hope you all have a good week!
















 

4 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Ah yes, the dress that can do all seasons, I have a couple of those! I only have 4 dresses so that's half my collection! I find them trickier to wear in summer because the fabric is quite heavy. Love the jacket with column of denim. Perfect transitional outfit (we're still transitioning here, not quite so cold but need a jacket or light coat). Thanks for linking!

Sally in St Paul said...

The white jacket looks great with the dress, but I hear you on it being a hard to wear one. I've definitely had items that sorta seemed like they should work across multiple seasons but actually didn't fit well into any of them. As for the denim-blue + dusty pink outfit - I absolutely love it (and yep, great minds thinking alike with the softer blue + pink). I think that muted pink looks completely amazing on you, actually! In the photo, you have a real glow about you. The softer colors in this look are very flattering and harmonious with your own coloring. I agree that muted colors can be harder to style than bright ones...but this outfit is a terrific example of how to do it and how great the result can be!

mummabstylish said...

Love dress season too, this black and white creation is perfect and I can see why you like it. The white jacket looks great over it too, it's most definitely my kind of style. Thanks for sharing on my linkup. Good to have you over. Jacqui x

Mica said...

I love jeans and a blazer, and I think you style that dress so well in the first outfit! I like the pop of pink with it. I've been trying to be a lot more critical with my wardrobe - there are some pieces I have that are really pretty, but just do not work for the climate or my lifestyle, and it's hard to let them go sometimes, but it gives me more space in my wardrobe for things I do love!

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up!