Sunday, June 4, 2023

Spring jackets

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!  

This week I am styling two jackets from my wardrobe 
that are just right for this time of year
Many of us are (still) transitioning to the warm weather 
Although it is June, and the summer equinox is just around the corner,
it has been the slowest, coolest and rainiest spring that I can remember in years!
There will be a beautiful promising sunny day or two in the seventies,
and then back we go to the rainy low sixties for a spell, again 🤷‍♀️ 

Anyway, my first outfit features a classic moto jacket,
you can't beat it for any kind of weather! 
The moto jacket is a versatile staple already in most women's wardrobes
In leather and heavier denim, it is great for the cooler months,
but in a lighter weight denim or a wide array of light weight fabrics
the moto jacket is great for warmer temperatures  

I like the fresh and  unusual twist on this one
 It is made of a boucle fabric in bright white that is perfect for layering
Worn here, all zipped up, over a short crepe blue shirt dress with a white ditsy floral print  
 





Green is a very popular color for this spring and summer,
so I am accessorizing with a pop of Kelly green in a bucket bag 


Wearing one of my many vintage scarves in my hair
I am a native Washingtonian, so this brightly colored one
depicting the Mall and historic landmarks is a sentimental favorite 



Simple silver tone sculptural jewelry to complement the zippers on the jacket


Shiny navy blue patent leather kitten heel sling backs to finish the look



Here is another outfit option for spring featuring a jacket, this one in denim
It is a light wash and slightly distressed one in a retro 70's style 
This style has come back around again with the recent emphasis on the waist
I love the slightly fitted silhouette and the mix of the feminine puffed sleeve caps
 and the western shoulder yoke
The pale pink and white floral blouse underneath is part of a set with a matching midi skirt
Worn with straight leg ankle cropped jeans in a medium wash-
double denim!
 



Carrying a pink fabric tote bag with tanned leather trim
 

For jewelry, I chose some chunky pieces in textured silver tone
The unusual wide cuff bracelet is vintage, and a mix of metal and embossed leather
The double chain link necklace is also vintage, from the 60's
My star shaped stud earrings are current, and  artisan crafted


More accessories to add interest to this basic outfit
A pink and blue paisley scarf in my hair,
and a woven leather belt that I added because in seemed like such a good accent
to the trim on my bag


Tan stacked heel short boots to finish this casual outfit



An outfit from spring 2018
Do you remember when these extra long blazer style jackets
 where having a moment in 2018?



Hope you all have a good week!




















 

5 comments:

Maira Kamran said...

Hi Maira Kamran Is here.. well I am new here, I am searching for fashion & food blogs.. I found yours, well I like all these pictures & also love your outfits, thanks for the great idea.. keep sharing..

online shopping in Canada women’s jewelry

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I have never seen someone wearing a motojacket like that! How surprising it looks! Love that denim blazer/jacket too, very interesting!

Laura B said...

These are all really cute! The top outfit is my favorite. I love the combination of navy and just a little bit of green. Your scarf is beautiful!

Sally in St Paul said...

I like both of these jackets. A white moto jacket in lightweight material is such a good option!

Mica said...

I love the double denim with the blazer and jeans - what a fun jacket! I have a denim moto jacket and I adore it, it's the best layering piece! :)

I really like that first outfit - I've never seen a moto jacket worn belted like that before but you wear it so well! :) You really know how to accessorise!

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link Up :)