Sunday, April 30, 2023

Mother's Day outfit ideas


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

 Mother's Day seems the perfect time to dress up,
so this week I decided to share a few outfit ideas
 for this special holiday coming up next week
 A pretty dress is always a favorite for me
I was smitten by this one by Betsy Johnson,
in aqua blue with a joyful allover print of butterflies
I love that the butterflies are of varying sizes and shapes, 
and the shades of pink and blue are so perfect for spring!
I am wearing a sheer white lace cropped cardigan 
 layered over the dress for this styling
 I chose the same lace topper styled over a skirt and top
for an Easter outfit last year
It seems to be what I reach for, for spring holidays!





So fancy and feminine for a special day


Carrying my magenta bag to bring out
the pinks in the dress's print


For jewelry I chose a gold tone pendant disc necklace
and flower shaped earrings
The pink bead and faux pearl wrap bracelet is vintage, from the 1940's


White cross strap sandals to finish the outfit


Another fancy option for a special day
in a soft monochrome palette
It looks like one piece,
but it is an ivory blouse layered over a sleeveless dress of the same color



Tied at the waist with a peach and blue print scarf


The dress has the prettiest crochet trim on the tiers of the skirt


Since the outfit has a bit of a boho chic feel,
I chose this more casual style peach bucket bag to carry


Gold tone looping 3-D earrings and chain link initial necklace for jewelry
 


Nude ankle tie low heel pumps to finish the look



A bouquet of carnations in a beautiful cheerful spring coral color


Hope everyone enjoys their week!






 

4 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh I love your butterfly dress! What a pretty one! And that sheer bolero is perfect for our them of The Good Buy/Good-Bye Book! I hope you like to join us. There is a reminder out tomorrow.

Laura B said...

That butterfly dress is so pretty! I really like the print for the spring! And your skirt on the second outfit is darling!

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi Di!
I love both of the dresses! The pink bag really picks up the butterflies and you know I love your accessories. Such a pretty peach bag too! These are both perfect for Mother's Day.
Hope you are having a great weekend!
thank you for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

gothic clothing for men said...

You are looking gorgeous in this outfits