Sunday, July 9, 2023

Pantone Tangelo Orange



Hello and welcome, thanks for stopping by my blog!

All of the bright, warm colors are trending this season,
since Pantone named Tangelo Orange, Empire Yellow,
and Love Bird (a bright yellow green)-all colors for 2023
Are you favoring any of these bright citrusy hues for summer? 

This week I am styling two outfits in Tangelo Orange 🍊 
 and as it turns out, I paired the color both times with white
Reminds me of Creamsicle ice cream

The color Tangelo has really taken off for spring,
and the shops are full of it in all sorts of refreshing and creative pieces

M first casual outfit is built around an orange and white semi sheer print blouse 
It is a bib front design, embellished with brass tone studs
 Worn over a white camisole with white ankle cropped denim jeans




Such pretty attention to detail on this blouse


Carrying my 60's vintage pebble grain orange leather clutch


For jewelry, I chose a bold embossed flower design brass cuff bracelet,
my favorite summer half daisy earrings from Betsy Johnson,
and an arrow collar necklace



Fringed raffia band strap wedge sandals
with sparkly gold details to finish this summertime look 



Next, a skirt in a geometric print in Tangelo and white
I like the the knife pleat style of this skirt,
 but proportionally, I think this outfit is not the best-
I will have to try again, maybe with a shorter top
I find midi skirts a bit tricky to wear, 
and would like this skirt better if it was knee length or a full on maxi
Anyway, worn here with a white jacket with short puffed sleeves
and flapped cargo hip pockets






A turquoise bag seemed fresh and summery 
together with the bright orange in the skirt
 


I picked gold geometric jewelry to match the vibe of the skirt's print
Bright gold tone reticulated V-shaped link necklace,
vintage 1960s earrings that were a wonderful Etsy find
and an expansion bracelet of turquoise bars 


White crossed ankle strap sandals trimmed with a touch of blue print
 to complete the outfit 




Possibly part of the inspiration for all of the spring and summer orange
A bouquet of Tiger Lilies from the garden back 




We have a growing population of white tail deer 
in the habitat on the island where I live
They normally don't eat out of the flower beds, 
 but this year, they munched the majority of the Lilly buds right off the stems!
Not just in our garden, but all the neighbors, too
I was lucky to salvage a few for a bouquet and brought them safely inside
Next year i will be prepared with something to spray on the flowers 
that the 🦌 do not like so well
Missing them until (hopefully) next summer! 


Hope everyone enjoys their week!





 



 

5 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh! I would love to see deer in my garden,lol. Not if they eat all my flowers of course. Love that orange top, what a warm colour. And that bag of course, wow. And again a matching backdrop!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Orange doesn't always look very classy, but it does with your inspired pairing of white. Love the pop of blue with the second outfit.. and the orange clutch bag. You must have an amazing collection of bags. I hadn't seen this news from Pantone, thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear about the lilies. I only tried growing them once but they were eaten by those red lily beetles.

Laura B said...

I'm loving the combination of orange and turquoise! I don't have much orange in my closet, but it's such a great shade for summer!

Slabs said...

Love the shirt - so bright and colorful
I visited you via #SpreadTheKindness Link Up on the Edge #660
My entries this week = 35+36 If you have not joined us at SSPS yet, come and share your posts with us and you can be our next featured post.
We're open Monday through Saturday every week.
You will find the linkup information (1) In the Top bar under Blogging: Weekly Senior Salon Pit Stop OR 2nd image In the sidebar.
We hope to meet you there virtually.

Mica said...

Oh I love that orange skirt with the turquoise bag, it's such a fun combination! I don't have a lot of orange in my wardrobe which is a shame. I think, like yellow and other citrus brights, it's such a fun colour to wear!

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)