Sunday, August 13, 2023

Whimsical figural prints

 Hello, and as always, thanks for stopping by my blog!

I love a whimsical figural print
 They can add such a fun and lighthearted touch to an outfit 
 This week I chose two outfits to wear featuring prints with animal and insect motifs,
(not to be confused with animal patterns which I also love)
I will save that group for another time, maybe in the fall,
 when the leopard spots and zebra stripes really come out to play!

My first outfit is a breezy cotton knee length skirt with an all over print of cute little gray foxes
As darling as it is, this skirt has proven to be a bit difficult to style,
except with neutrals, as the colors in the print are unusual shades
Grays can be very different, and also the tiny circle in a square geometric motif 
 in the background is a muted dusty peach
 The color just did not seem to jive with any of my other pinks or peaches

This is what I came up with to get this skirt out of my closet and make an outfit with it!
 I teamed it up with a light wash semi fitted denim jacket with an ivory top layered underneath
I also styled this 70's style blazer back in the beginning of June 
in a post about spring jackets, and again in July in my post about bird prints
with another tricky to style skirt
 





Such an adorable print-all the little foxes!


Carrying my soft pink heart shaped bag
to add another figural element to this outfit



For jewelry, I chose a chunky 1950's vintage abstract heart (or leaf) motif link bracelet, 
a silver tone hammered collar necklace and gray stone and bar front to back earrings 



Buff color faux suede short western boots to finish this eclectic look!



From foxes 🦊 to butterflies 🦋!
 
This sweet dress from Betsey Johnson is covered with colorful butterflies 
in flight of different sizes, in shades of pink and purple on an aqua blue background 



The dress has such pretty feminine details 
 It has tiny ruffled trim on the neckline, sleeves ends and around the waist,
and a two tiered ruffled skirt
Just what you would expect from Betsey Johnson!


Carrying my bright pink bag to compliment the colors in the print



I chose dainty gold tone jewelry for this outfit-
3-D flower shaped earrings, a chain link necklace 
and a blue enamel bow bracelet 



Nude ankle strap wedge heel sandals to finish this 
joyful look for summer! 




In the summer garden,
a bumble bee gathering nectar from a pink Cone flower



Hope everyone has a good week,
and is enjoying their summer!

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this! I had a butterfly dress once and it always cheered me up. That skirt is so lovely and how fabulous the boots look underneath!

Sally in St Paul said...

I am also a big fan of zoological prints, so love both of these pieces! I hear you about the fox skirt. Some prints can be tricky to style because of the colors, but I think white and light denim were a great choice for this one.

ALLIE NYC said...

These prints are darling, the fox print is too cute and love you styled it with the chambray jaket, ankle boots and heart purse. Good job!!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Mica said...

You have so many beautiful prints in your wardrobe! I love that dress but my favourite is the skirt - such a unique print! I think the denim blazer looks perfect with it, such a good pairing, hope you can find more things to wear with it, it really deserves to be worn :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)