Sunday, August 6, 2023

Go Retro!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog

This week I am really feeling the retro vibes!
How about you?
Has your wardrobe picked up any retro or Y2K influenced pieces this season?
I love to wear my vintage and retro accessories, and you see them frequently on the blog
This week, I thought I would style a new piece, that has a very retro look,
and a true vintage piece that is currently trending
 
First, an outfit featuring a new topper influenced
by both the 1960's and the Y2K trend
It has a psychedelic swirling print, complete with daisies-flower power! 
Also, it is a shirt dress style with ruching down the front
two style elements so indicative of Y2K tops and dresses

What goes around comes around, and back around again!

I kept the background of this outfit simple in summery white,
with a white tank top and white denim jeans






Carrying my 1960's white wicker bag,
also with a wildly printed colorful lining!


I chose a mix of new and vintage jewelry, 
with my summer favorite Betsey Johnson half daisy earrings with pave rhinestone centers,
and a 1950's vintage aqua expansion bracelet 



The scarf in my hair is current, 
but is printed with the cutest fashion girls in 1950's outfits


White braided band sandals to finish this time traveling mix of an outfit! 



For my second look this week, 
I chose a dress that I wore earlier this summer
in a post about the square neckline trend
Today, the dress is layered under a true vintage 1980's light wash cropped denim vest-
it was a great find at a vintage shop several years ago




This little pouch cross body bag is also true vintage, from the 1960's,
I use it a lot in the summer when I only have a few things to carry


Accessorizing with a light blue and white lace print scarf in my hair,
silver tone textured hoop earrings, and a squiggle design hinged bracelet 


White lace tennis shoes to finish the look
I ordered these lace sneakers from Amazon back in April
They showed up four weeks later so they missed a good part of the season
I think they are cute, and a decent fit-ordering shoes on line is always risky
 I have only worn them a few times this summer
Since they are sheer lace, and very clean and white,
they are those shoes in my closet that I hesitate to wear, for fear of ruining them
Anyone else have any this kind of item in their closet?
It will be fun to unpack them and see them again next spring 



This decorative garden rock was painted by one of the middle school girls
selling them at our neighborhood yard sale
So cute-I think it has a retro vibe to it to go with the theme of this post! 



Hope everyone enjoys their week!








4 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

That wicker bag!!! Gosh what a beauty. And the light blue bracelet is also so special. I like both outfits a lot. The vest over the dress is very cool! But the shirt dress kind a blouse look is very nice too.

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi Di,
Yes, I too noticed that wicker bag, looks like it is made so well. I love the colorful shirt dress worn over all white. The denim vest is a neat element here too.
Have a wonderful week!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Sally in St Paul said...

I'm digging this retro style outfits this week! The swirly print top looks wonderful over that fresh column of white, and I'm definitely getting nostalgia vibes from the dress + denim vest. You have such a great collection of vintage accessories, you were able to pull some terrific pieces to finish these looks. Strangely enough, I think the white lace sneakers might be my favorite...or at least, the one that I would most like to add to my own wardrobe. I love a "dainty" sneaker (if that makes sense) and the simple Keds style with the feminine white lace is just so pretty! I do totally relate to having shoes you are reluctant to wear because they are not very robust. In my case, it's calf hair shoes that I tend to baby because the calf hair does wear off over time. Have a great weekend!

Mica said...

I love that shirt dress as a topper over the monochrome white outfit, it's so perfect! :) I really like how you layered the vest over the dress as well. I just can't seem to make a vest work for me, but it's a look I really love on others! :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)