Sunday, October 15, 2023

Autumn Palette

Hello, welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog!

In the fall, and in all seasons really, 
I  like to wear some outfits with a seasonal vibe
This means now is the time for a little bit of autumn color!
I did a seasonal color analysis for skin tone and hair years ago,  
and according to the experts, I am a winter
I think the winter palette makes pretty good sense for me,
and I agree that I look best when wearing colors with cool undertones,
whether they be bright, mid-tone or pastel
The brights are my favorites to wear, though
But, I like variety and to go with the seasonal flow
So in October and November especially, 
I mix in some earthly tones and neutrals
Have you had your seasonal color palette determined?
I found it an interesting and helpful guide,
but definitely don't stick strictly to it 
There are so very many factors that go into what we wear and why!

My first outfit this week is a basic ivory cashmere V neck pullover sweater
paired with an asymmetrical hem skirt in an abstract print with a flouncy ruffled hem
The print has a mix of muted fall tones, including shades of rust and orange




Carrying my two tone vegan leather and fabric bag
I think this bag would work for all seasons
but the brown tones seem especially right for fall



To compliment the golden hues of autumn 
I am wearing my brass tone reticulated butterfly necklace,
 a gold tone chunky wrap bracelet and hoop earrings


Tawny brown curved top ankle boots with brass studs 
and wooden stack heels to finish the outfit





My second outfit this week
 features a classic light tan blazer style jacket that has a fall-like feeling
This shade goes well with many other colors in my wardrobe
Worn here over a column of black-a black camisole and black trousers 
  



Carrying m dark red square quilted bag
and wearing a favorite mixed animal print scarf
Animal prints and autumn 🍁 were made for each other!


For jewelry, I chose a wide, gold-tone buckle detail cuff bracelet,
link design hoop earrings, and a unique vintage leather 3-D rose brooch-
I am always open to adding a little color to a neutral outfit!



Denim:  The quintessential autumn textile,
paired here with a rich burgundy background print blouse
 with orange, blue and white in the print
This was three years ago, in October 2020 



Hope everyone enjoys their week!






7 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I like the fact that you can wear so many different styles and they all look great! Love that asymmetrical skirt. And what a gorgeous butterfly necklace.

Laura B said...

Your asymmetrical skirt is lovely! I like the colors but how the background is white so it isn't so dark as many fall prints tend to be. It's very flattering too! Hope you are having a good week!

Sally in St Paul said...

I liked these examples of wearing autumn colors that are outside the traditional "Winter" color palette successfully! I think sometimes people are afraid to stray outside the colors that an expert told them were best, but many of us probably have more latitude with colors than we realize. The skirt is a nice way to wear autumn colors away from the face where it probably doesn't matter as much. Your throwback outfit reminds me: Burgundy - why don't we hear more about it as a fall color? It's such a great choice for the fall into winter season.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Three fabulous outfits. #2 is so polished and smart. I love the asymmetric hem of the fall skirt. I've been analysed and am a spring. U mostly keep to spring colors, although in fall I move towards some of the more golden part of the spring spectrum: oranges, creams, brown.

Kellyann Rohr said...

I am a winter too! I really like your outfits Di! That two tone handbag is perfect too, goes with everything and I love the shape. I am a huge handbag lover!
xo,
Kellyann

Mica said...

Oh I can't pick a favourite! You know I love a good blazer outfit, and I am a big fan of jeans, but that cream knit with the pretty printed skirt in the first outfit is perfection too. You dress so well for autumn! :)

Thanks for joining the link up!

Anonymous said...

I love to mix it up too! This is a gorg skirt on you xx Jacqui Mummabstylish xx