Sunday, October 29, 2023

Happy Halloween!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Halloween is here and along with it, all the ghosts👻 and goblins!
I look forward to doling out the sweet treats,
 and seeing all the kids decked out in their costumes 
Our neighborhood also hosts a pre-trick or treat party,
where the kids, adults (and pets) are encouraged to parade their creations
in a costume judging event complete with prizes
It's so much fun!
Will you be getting in costume 
or going to any Halloween parties?

I'll be wearing my Hell Bunny dress
I've had it for quite a few years,
and I always get it out at least once around Halloween
It looks like a pretty, full skirted, floral print, fit and flare dress,
until you look close and discover the white part of the print is skulls💀! 






Pink and purple posies and skulls





Roger's Halloween accessories 
I am glad he likes to play along!


Some spooky accessories on me:
Rhinestone snake hairband,
black glass stone encrusted spider bracelet
and oxidized vintage silver tone chain necklace


Carrying a silver metallic quilted chain strap bag


Black suede block heel sling backs with stylized bows
to finish the look



Here is another October outfit, with just a slight nod to Halloween-
a black and white bug print blouse
I have had this blouse for several years also, 
and I like the quirky, unexpected touch the print adds to a look
Bug blouse worn under a roll tab sleeve blazer with black straight leg trousers
I think I have mentioned this before on the blog,
but does anyone else find the current crop of neutrals a little hard to work with?
This blazer is a color described as "Ace Beige" 
Under the florescent lighting in the retail store where I purchased it,
I thought I could work with the color
But once I got it home, it looks sort of muddy, and a slightly mauve-ish hue
It does not look right with any of my other neutrals, except for black and white
so black and white it is! 
   


   


Adding a little color with my jewelry 
An adorable vintage 1940's green lucite dog brooch,
Kate Spade gold tone and green stone open cuff bracelet
and chain link earrings 


A little more green in the accessories for this otherwise neutral outfit
 A reptile embossed bag that has a handle that adjusts to a shoulder strap


Same black suede sling backs my first outfit to finish the look



I add this image because of it's Halloween vibe!
I was trying for an outfit photo to participate in the Songful Style Link Up Party in September,   
representing the song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri from the Twilight Saga  
My experimentation did not work out as planned
but did turn out looking kind of spooky!  


Hope everyone enjoys their week and Halloween! 🎃 






 

7 comments:

mireille said...

What a pretty skirt!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Laura B said...

I didn't even see the skulls in the print at first! I love how subtle they are and paired with the feminine flowers! Hope you had a happy Halloween!

Jacqui Berry said...

Oh I’m sure you must have had good fun for Halloween. We had a super time, better than I expected! Lovely dress and the green bag is very cute. Jacqui x

Sally in St Paul said...

Haha, I love the "pretty floral"/SKULL print! I know what you mean about "weird neutrals" that have a lot of odd color in them so that they aren't nearly as mix-and-matchable as a standard neutral. There are some really weird grey/beige colors that do not play easily with others. Since I rarely want to do a head-to-toe neutral outfit, I need my neutrals to happily mix with other colors, so these weird neutrals are a wardrobe conundrum for me. Luckily since I mostly online shop, I am very accustomed to the idea that things won't look like I expect them to and have resigned myself to the necessity of returning things when the colors (or anything else) turns out weird.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

How great that Halloween is so alive where you live. I love everything horor, but we don't do Halloween here. Love that Roger played along! Fantastic! I don't wear neutrals, I don't see navy and black as neutrals.But the blazer looks great with that green! Lovely brooche!

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love the Hell Bunny dress! I didn't so anything for Halloween but Isobel went trick or treating with a friend and her dog dressed as a pumpkin! They got loads of sweets! Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com

Mica said...

The skull dress is so fun and you and Roger look great together with your nods to Halloween! I like the green touches in the last outfit too :)

Hope you had a nice Halloween! We don't celebrate it here in Australia so I didn't do anything special or wear anything special for it :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link Up :)