Monday, October 2, 2023

Muted Tones for Fall


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!


 Greyed down muted tones have been trending for a few seasons now,
alongside the super saturated bright colors
The trend forecast is for the whole mish-mash to continue to be favored for fall and winter 
 I am glad there are so many possibilities-pretty much anything goes!
I prefer clear color, and neutrals are nice for a change,
but I find the greyed down colors that are everywhere now a little hard to wear
These tones look beautiful on many women,
 but they are just not the best for my coloring and skin tone 
It's a great time to purchase them though, if they look good on you,
because there are so many to chose from
What trends are you favoring this fall,
and which ones are you forgoing?

I thought I would dedicate this post to a few of the greyed down, muted tones
that I am trying out this season, but have adapted to better suit me 

I love almost everything about this first dress!
The fit and flare style is one of my favorites,
and the fact that it is sleeveless and can be layered both under and over is a plus
The color though, I'm not crazy about, but I decided to give this one a try 
 To make it work for me,
  I layered the dress over a navy blue and white micro polka dot blouse
to have a color better suited for me close to my face 




This bag has been with me for years
it's the perfect size, and I like the unusual pattern of quilting
 and subtle metallic silver of it 


For jewelry, I chose a navy blue and silver tone geometric shape statement necklace
 I have not worn this one for a while, 
but the color and the bold design seemed perfect for this outfit
 Plus, I was glad to find a reason get it out of the jewelry box and wear it again!
Also wearing a silver tone the leather band bracelet 
and back to front blue-grey quartz earrings


I chose my favorite navy blue embossed block heel sling backs to finish the look
I like this style so much I have tried to find them in my size 
in other colors on resale sites, but no luck so far
I thought I found them recently in black embossed croc, and was thrilled-
but unfortunately, they were listed by a deadbeat Poshmark seller
who never delivered
I just noticed that the style has been revived in black suede and in tan suede for fall 
 I could not press the place order button fast enough!


The grey tone of this blue blouse is not as pronounced 
as the grey-green of the dress in my first outfit, but it is there 
 I like the style of this blouse, with it's subtle textured floral print
 The wide and deep ruffled V neckline keeps the color away from my face
Worn with tan mid rise straight leg ankle pants
I wore these pants in an outfit in last week's post, too.
Slim trousers with slash pockets-a rare find!
 


Carrying a favorite little blue vintage bag to brighten up the outfit


Accessorizing with some shiny silver tone jewelry
A necklace of dangling discs (does anyone else think they look like oyster shells?), 
and my love knot bracelet and large hoop earrings


Wearing a scarf in shades of blue and white in my hair


Cross strap tan faux suede block heels to finish the outfit
They have been in my wardrobe longer that the pants,
but by chance, they are a really close match


Looking back, there are not many greyed tones in my wardrobe from years past,
but here is a neutral outfit from autumn 2019,
 before the whole planet was turned on it's ear
I am seeing a lot of cardigans, and sweater set looks coming back this fall,
and short cardigans worn with matching color tops of different textures underneath
Maybe I will try an update of this look this season  


What's blooming in the garden now, or I should say sprouting-lol
 We've had LOTS of rain for a very neutral winter white palette in the garden!
  

Hope everyone has a good week!






 

4 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I love the necklace with the shirt/dress in the first outfit; what a wonderful combination of shapes that fit together so well. The muted but rich blue of the second top is amazing, and it looks great with the tan pants + shoes. Isn't it great when pieces bought at different times work together so nicely?

I think muted tones work pretty well on me because I have soft coloring, but honestly, I find it difficult sometimes to know what colors should look best. So I just wear most of them, haha.

Laura B said...

I especially love the dress in your first outfit! That is a pretty color an dI love how you layered it!

Mica said...

I prefer bold bright colours but have a few muted pieces in my wardrobe too. I really like that first dress and how well it works for you with the little touches. it's good to know what colours work well on you. I had my colours done and I do think about it when shopping but often I'll just buy the things I love anyway even if they aren't "my colours" as I enjoy wearing them, haha!

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up!

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love the dress and how you've layered it over the blouse and added the necklace. They all work so well together. We have lots of mushrooms popping up in the garden too - I wish I knew which ones were safe to eat! Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
https://www.style-splash.com