Monday, January 29, 2024

Plaid: A Winter Favorite Print

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

It is the coldest part of mid-winter for many of us,
and we are clad in our cold weather favorite warm and toasty clothes
Except, of course, for those lucky few who are currently
 basking in the sun on a tropical vacation!
The festivities of the holidays are over, and spring is still a long way off
I would prefer to be snugly wrapped in a cozy blanket now, 
with the outdoor temperature below freezing and the wind howling
  I am so thankful for central heating in winter!
I will pay for it though, when that $300 heating bill comes 😲
 I think now is the perfect time to feature some winter plaid!

My first outfit is a heavyweight cotton plaid pleated dress
in shades of brown, tan and ivory
To ward off the chill,
 I am layering an ivory double breasted cropped corduroy jacket over the dress  




I have also worn this dress during the fall with a long sleeve blouse underneath
It has such beautiful graphic beaded detail around the neckline
but it is mostly covered up by the jacket in this outfit
Although this is sleeveless dress and would work in the spring and summer,
 I don't think I have ever worn it during the warmer seasons
 because the pattern and colors say fall and winter to me
 


Carrying a structured metal frame bag covered with laser cut leather
that look like the rays of a brilliant sun


For jewelry, I chose my hand crafted leather rose brooch,
roses and rosettes are very trendy now, but I have had this pin for years-
what goes around inevitably comes back around!
Also wearing a hinged bar bracelet and bar post earrings


Neutral tan block heel horsebit detail pumps to finish the outfit




The formula for my second outfit is tried and true, and suits almost every body.
Plus it works for all seasons and for most occasions-so versatile 
You know what it is-trusty denim and a blazer
For this time of year, I chose a thick fabric double breasted longer blazer in a large 
but subtle plaid color palette of ivory, tan and navy blue
Worn over an ivory rib knit top, and with dark wash denim boot cut jeans


An outfit that never fails!


For jewelry, I picked a blue multi-purpose tie with a delicate metal chain edge 
instead of a necklace
Distressed metal cuff bracelet and washed silver tone and faux pearl bead hoop earrings


Carrying an off-white buckle trimmed satchel shoulder bag,



and wearing perforated western look slides with a wooden block heel 


Hope you are all cozy and comfortable
and have a good week!

7 comments:

mireille said...

I love that first skirt: such a fun take on plaid!
www.chezmireilelfashiontravelmom.com

Laura B said...

Your first dress is beautiful! I love the beaded detail. It works well as a 'skirt' with the jacket you have on, too. Both of these are fabulous outfits. You are such a pro at accessorizing perfectly!

Melissa Cuentas said...

I loved both outfits, you look gorgeous! Different ways to wear plaids but my favorite is your 2nd look! Loving all the details and accessories too!


Have a wonderful rest of the week!
XO, Melissa

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You can't beat a blazer and denim, and your version is very classy in those neutrals. Your jacket and dress outfit is clever because it has a springtime vibe but still looks warm. Here in London it is mild at the moment, almost spring like, and I spent the day gardening yesterday. I don't think it will last. Have a good weekend!

Sally in St Paul said...

Love the mix of dark and light colors in these outfits - a nice alternative to the overall dark look that is so popular in winter.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Two totally different outfits with plaid! I love plaid in the winter too. That dress is amazing! And yes, don't start me about the heating bill!

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love both outfits, they're very stylish elegant. Thanks for linking!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com