Sunday, January 23, 2022

Layering with a Blazer

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

This week, with the winter weather roaring outside,
I thought I'd feature a few layered looks with a blazer 
My first outfit is a dress remixed from a
 post I did back in September about fall florals 
For January weather I'm layering a navy blue blazer over the dress
for a different look-and warmth!




Carrying a much loved and frequently chosen quilted Nicole Miller handle bag
It's the perfect size for me, and metallic silver turns out to be very versatile!


I picked silver tone jewelry to compliment the bag hardware
A chunky statement necklace with a super shiny
hinged bracelet and square stud earrings


Navy blue block heel sling backs to finish the look


For my next outfit, a dark red blazer with black piping adds interest and warmth
to a solid black top and black and white geometric print pleated midi skirt
Sorry about the color shift, indoor lighting can be challenging 
in our house of many windows, especially in winter! 


All around pleats-so good for twirling! 


Carrying a cute little boldly striped black and white handle bag
It's from WhoWhatWear several years ago


For this outfit I chose bold gold tone jewelry to stick with the bag theme
Arrow motif collar necklace, asymmetrical hinged bracelet 
and woven design clip on earrings
For heavier, more substantial earrings, I have good luck with clip on styles-
they don't pull down on my small earlobes 👂 


Wide strap Mary Jane pumps to complete this outfit



A blazer outfit from four years ago, January 2018



Hope you all stay cozy, warm and safe 
and have a good week!













 

6 comments:

Lovely said...

The red blazer and pleated skirt outfit is my favorite.
You always seem to find such lovely accessories.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh yes, I love a belted blazer look! Very elegant and stylish!

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

Very stylish outfits! I love the belted blazer and the striped bag. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com

Laura B said...

The way you belted that first blazer is especially flattering on you! I love your suit too!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Effortlessly stylish in your winter colors! Love the burgundy on you. I love silver for accessories, as you say, it's so versatile! Thanks for linking.

Mica said...

You wear your blazers well! That second outfit in particular is my favourite, I really like the printed skirt with the burgundy blazer :)

Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope that you are having a great weekend :) Another hot one here!

Away From The Blue