Sunday, January 16, 2022

Shot of color in winter


Hello everyone, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

If there is a month of the year that could really benefit from a shot of color,
 it is January! (In the northern hemisphere, anyway)
Post Christmas holidays and smack dab in the middle of winter
January is not the most festive or colorful month,
so wearing all the color seems like a good idea! 
So for this post I decided to bring a lot of bright and cheerful hues

My first outfit is a whole lot of blue
I wore this dress on the blog back in November 
for a post about the Pantone color Mykonos blue
This time I am styling the blue dress over and blue and white 
abstract print semi-sheer blouse
This dress has lots of twirly skirt-my favorite! 
 




Minor amount of silver tone jewelry-
a hammerer collar necklace and flower shaped earrings


Carrying my silver hard case box bag
with 3-D pyramid shapes


Classic black and tan toe cap sling backs
to finish the outfit



Next, a casual look with an eye popping pink pullover sweater
worn with dark wash straight leg denim jeans


I dressed this outfit up a little with a bright multi-color floral print scarf


Keeping the jewelry simple again
with a gold tone open cuff bracelet
and circle drop earrings


Carrying a two tone navy and wine mini bucket bag
with tassel detail and gold tone hardware 


Wine scallop trim booties to complete the look


This was from the Christmas holiday season, 2018
with some really, really red!
I think this was the last time I wore those multi gold, bronze and black patent shoes-
they were cute, but so very stiff!




The only color in the garden now-plus it is snowing, again
 The Holly berries bloom all winter, in December, January and February 
Only a few more months until things start sprouting
I can't wait!


Hope everyone has a warm and cozy week!








6 comments:

Lovely said...

You look fab in all, but I love the white and red combo!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

the 4 M's said...

You have quite an amazing collection of shoes.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Laura B said...

I love your holly berries! That's fun color to enjoy in your garden! Your outfits are gorgeous, especially the bright blue dress. I love the berry color shoes and bright pink sweater paired together, too!

Carol Benton said...

The bright blue, pink, and red pieces add eye-catching interest to these winter outfits. You look great in all of them!

Carrie said...

Those holly berries are so pretty against the snow! If a pop of color will get us through this long month of January, then so be it! I love that blue dress with that top with the print layered under it. I need to try doing that with some of my dresses to make them work for the winter.

Carrie
curlycraftymom.com

Mica said...

the Holly berries with the snow look so festive! :)

I really like your colourful outfits - especially that first one! While January is summer here I do like wearing colour in winter too - it's so cheerful! :)


Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup this week :) Sorry for my delayed responses, have had a little complication after surgery. Hope that you are having a great weekend :)

Away From The Blue