Sunday, January 2, 2022

The Color Purple

 

Hello, and a very Happy New Year to you all!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today

This week I am styling two outfits built around the color purple

I love wearing this deep, rich color
But of course I would, it's two of my favorites mixed together: red and blue!

First, the start off the new year, 
a casual look with a navy blue and purple pullover sweater 
This sweater is a classic crewneck cut, made special with a whimsical intarsia print 
of horses in walking, trotting and galloping poses
Worn with medium wash straight leg denim jeans 



To accessorize, I chose a scarf is an opposite print-
 it has shades of purple on a navy blue background 
 The celestial bodies of the sun, moon and stars dance across this print
 



For a bag, I'm wearing a vintage 70's fringed cross body suede pouch
with a padded shoulder chain strap


A silver tone open multi-ring cuff bracelet
 and large hoop earrings for jewelry



Tan suede stacked heel shoe booties to finish
this outfit with a 70's retro vibe



A whole lot of the color purple in this 
  cozy solid color, flat knit sweater dress


This dress is very basic, but has an unusual wide scoop neckline
that makes it challenging to layer





I filled in the neckline with a favorite lush tone scarf
scattered with a print of magnificent jewels


Carrying a navy blue and berry colored two tone mini bucket bag


I chose gold tone curved jewelry to complement the 
hardware on the bag-
an open cuff bracelet and circle stud earrings


Berry shoe booties to complete the look



What was I thinking, deleting this ruffly 
purple and violet floral print blouse from my wardrobe?
Now I wish I had it back



I'm even consuming purple food today: a yummy blueberry smoothie 


Hope everyone stayed safe and healthy over the holidays
and has a good first week of the year!






5 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Happy New Year Di! I love that horse sweater! I love horses. It is so lovely. I just bought some purple and lilac clothing!

Jo Rashi said...

Happy New Year dear...beautiful accessories and outfits :-)
Beauty and Fashion/Rampdiary/Glamansion

Mica said...

I am glad purple is the colour of the year as hopefully it means more pretty purple pieces in stores - it can be hard to find nice purple clothes, I just mostly have accessories! that knit is so cute on you and I like how you added the scarf in the second outfit :)

Hope that your week is going well and 2022 is off to a good start for you! :)

Away From The Blue

Laura B said...

Your purple outfits are beautiful on you! I love that purple horse sweater especially!

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hello Di!
You always look great and so put together! I LOVE that scarf! It has my colors in it and I love teal. The first outfit is a fun western vibe with the sweater, denim and fringe.
Thanks for lnking!
Happy 2022~
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com