Sunday, February 13, 2022

Bundle Up! Warm Winter Knits

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Cozy sweater knits are always popular when winter rolls around,
and this season is no exception
It's snowing here in Maryland again today,
and Punxsutawney Phil did not have good news for us on Groundhog Day,
 predicting more winter weather and a late spring thaw
  
 Thankfully, there are a wide variety of knits trending this year to keep us warm! 
I'm seeing body hugging fine gauge ribbed knit dresses and pants,
  big chunky oversized cable stitched sweaters and everything in between  
Sweater knits are the stars of many outfits during this time of year
so I thought I would feature a few I've been wearing lately in this post 

My first outfit is a bold black, tan and rust leopard print open front cardigan
worn over two neutral basics: A tan knit top and black straight leg, high waisted denim jeans




Carrying a black and tan mini bucket bag-
 a really matchy look today


A bold print seems to call for bold jewelry 
so I picked out a substantial gold tone asymmetrical bracelet,
chunky chain link initial necklace and faceted dome stud earrings


I rejected several pairs of shoes before settling on these
I could really used some semi dressy black booties
for full length pants this winter
I see an excuse for some shopping in my future!



This next outfit is built around a rose coral V neck cardigan
with two vertical rows of sweet ruffles
Paired with a tan tweed flared skirt with big flapped hip pockets
 

Love this rosey color to lighten up a darker winter palette 


Carrying a taupe and brown reptile print vintage clutch
with a knotted taupe headband in my hair


 A little lighter and less bold gold tone jewelry for this look
Multi strand chain necklace, animal print hinged bracelet
and chain link drop earrings 


Taupe suede cross strap block heel pumps to finish the look



A cozy sweater dress outfit from winter, 2018


Keep warm, and hope everyone has a good week!










7 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Love that cardigan as I am a huge leopard print lover!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I always look out for what Punxsutawney Phil has to say, but I missed it so thanks for that! Here in London it's quite cold but we've been having blue skies which compensates.
Loving the winter knits and in particular the pretty rosey color.
Hope you are having a special Valentine's Day.

Jessica Jannenga said...

HI Di,
I love the knits and you always put together such wonderful looks. I love the matching bag wih the leopard cardi and that peach cardigan is such a pretty color. The accessories are perfect wih each. I seem to be jumping the gun a bit with my "spring-ish outfits)!
jess xx
Enjoy your day
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Laura B said...

Your ombre/leopard cardigan is so cute! And good choice with the bold gold jewelry. It looks fabulous! I love that pretty coral cardigan too!

Lovely said...

Cute and cozy knits! The leopard cardigan and the matching bag is so cool!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Mica said...

You have so many great knit pieces! I think that leopard cardigan in the first outfit is my favourite though! it's such a great print and you know I love matchy-matchy! :)

Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :) We went to a fun birthday party at the pool today.

Away From The Blue

Mariann Yip said...

These knit pieces are so good. I like the prints as well.

Love: Mariann Yip
https://www.mariannyc.com/my-book-is-launching/