Sunday, February 20, 2022

Coatigans for the Winter Weather


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

The winter weather is still with us, brrrr- 
and I am still piling on the layers
Looking forward to the spring warm up
and counting down the weeks!

For really chilly days a coatigan,
or any long, thick, cozy sweater in your closet is a great choice!
I grabbed these two coatigans earlier in the autumn as outerwear,
 Now I'm wearing them indoors as part of an outfit

My first look this week is a brick red open coatigan in a chunky ribbed knit
This sweater came with a faux leather cord waist tie belt
 that didn't seem to compliment it at all, so I don't wear them together
Today, I am layering a lightweight ivory cashmere V neck sweater underneath
All of these pieces have been in my wardrobe for several years,  
but I just realized that this jersey midi skirt is a perfect match
with the coatigan-it almost looks like a set
I love to stumble across combinations of pieces like this in my closet
that I had not put together before   
    



Accessorizing with this very special brightly colored vintage astrological motif scarf


Carrying a camel tan camera style handle bag
decorated with studs and a yellow Hibiscus flower


I chose a large gold tone oval link bracelet and
woven motif clip on hoop earrings for jewelry 


Tan leather stacked heel loafers to complete the outfit



For my next look I am wearing an ivory color coatigan
with a large tan and red plaid pattern
I wore this sweater/jacket back in January in a post featuring neutral colors
Worn this time layered over a red sleeveless sheath dress
that is a versatile workhorse in my wardrobe   



Accessorizing with a red neck scarf 🧣 tied in a bow
and carrying a vintage taupe leather trimmed Dooney & Bourke mini saddle bag


For jewelry, I added a hand carved wooden sailboat brooch,
a gold tone knot bracelet and teardrop stud earrings


Taupe suede cross strap block heel pumps to finish the outfit



Another warm and cozy coatigan from winter, 2019


Hope everyone enjoys their week!



















 

7 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Love the lenght of these coatigans and the prints! Especially the middle one.

Lovely said...

You own some beautiful coatigans! Love the outfit in brick red!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Mica said...

You have some cute coatigans and they look so cosy! I really like how well the coatigan matches the skirt in your first outfit too, what a wonderful pairing! :)

Hope you are having a great week! :)

Away From The Blue

Laura B said...

That first coatigan really does match your skirt perfectly! I love the pretty plaid one you have and how you belted it, too. Hope you are having a good start to your week!

R's Rue said...

The first look is my favorite. You look so beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love you in burgundy and red! Two lovely coatigans. I don't have one - although I do have a long grey cardigan which I wear a lot at home. Temperatures are falling right now, it's been unseasonally warm lately, but we're going back down to around 41 or less (5 celcius)

Avec Amber said...

I am a huge fan of coatigans, and these two look fabulous on you!

I hope you are having a great week so far!

Amber

Visit AvecAmber.com

Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin