Sunday, May 1, 2022

Red for spring-Pantone's Poinciana

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Pantone has a color in it's spring palette called Poinciana  
It is described as a bright, warm and energetic red
Just think of all the fanciful new names for colors that Pantone
 continually comes up with each season! 
Anyway, I like red and am seeing a lot of it in fashion continuing this spring
I wore this dress layered under a blazer back in December 

 



I knotted the self fabric sash belt that came with the dress in front at my waist
but there are lots of possibilities for changing it up as a hair or neck scarf


Wearing a very special Kate Spade gold tone statement necklace 
of overlapping stylized flowers and leaves


Other jewelry includes a gold tone slider bracelet 
and 80's vintage red enamel earrings

 
Mixing my decades all over the place in this outfit
with this tiny 1940's vintage evening bag
It's a box style, covered in black satin fabric with a metallic gold dot print
So sweet, but not very practical for modern times
It's just big enough for the barest essentials,
 my phone just barely fits inside



Wearing leopard slingback pumps
covered in clear sequins to finish the look





My next outfit centers around the color red is a tone on tone V neck tunic style blouse
The blouse has long, full sleeves, and ties with an attached sash at the waist
Paired with navy blue ankle cropped trousers



Carrying a 1950's vintage bag with intertwining faux tortoise 
handles and frame
Vintage red, white and blue chiffon floral and plaid print
scarf as a hair band 




I chose dainty gold tone jewelry
A fish link collar necklace and leaf earrings


Navy blue reptile embossed block heel sling backs
to complete this outfit


Lots of red in past outfits,
here is a ditsy print of little white birds on a dark red dress from fall 2019
Red for all seasons! 



The red in the garden now  vibrant Gerbera Daisy




Hope everyone has a great week!





7 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Do I see a bird print there? You can join us this month! For The Good Buy/Good-Bye Book!

Laura B said...

All of these outfits flatter your figure and your complexion! Love this bright red on you!

mireille said...

I love the blouse with the pants! Beautiful color on you!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Carol said...

Poinciana is a beautiful color. I'd describe it as "poppy" red. You look great in the red dress.
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com

Lovely said...

That's a gorgeous color and you look lovely in all these looks. Love your necklaces.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Mica said...

You look beautiful in red! I love that first outfit especially! :)

There was a lot of this kind of red in the stores around Christmas last year - I was really interested in a dress in that colour but didn't buy it - maybe I should have!

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope that you are having a good weekend :)

Away From The Blue

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hello Di!
Wow, red is a fabulous color on you! I love it too. Everything looks great and I love the KS necklace and the delicate earrings- just the perfect mix! I bought a few red Gerber Daisies for the garden this year, one of my favorite flowers.
Happy Sunday!
thank you for Linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com