Sunday, May 8, 2022

Spring Blazers


Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog-
I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day!

Blazers and all types of jackets are great layering pieces for this time of year
Blazers are almost universally appropriate, 
and there is a style to flatter every every body! 
Oversized blazers are very much on trend for spring
 I have collected a few over the past couple of seasons,
but they are a little tricky for some of us to wear, including me 
So for this post, I an styling two jacket styles that I am wearing currently
They are alternatives to the oversized fit but stylish and classic forever 

For my first outfit, I am wearing a wheat color blazer
with a bit of a 70's retro vibe
It has the puffed sleeve caps that were popular then and back again, now
 and a slightly fitted cut
The blazer is made of a textured cotton weave that is perfect for the bridge seasons
I wore it on the blog last October, mixed with fall colors-it is truly versatile

It's hard to miss that there is a whole lot of orchid going on in this outfit! 
The orchid tank top and super full orchid midi skirt get a bit of a tone down 
under the neutral jacket




I choose bold jewelry to balance the bold color
A daisy chain mixed metal statement necklace,
 silver tone multi band open cuff, and dome stud earrings



Carrying my vintage reptile embossed bag
I usually tuck the cord shoulder strap inside
but it can be worn both ways
I have been wearing this cute knotted headband a lot this spring




Brown and beige asymmetrical strap sling backs
to finish the look 





A cropped boxy Chanel style jacket is a 
 tried and true classic that never goes out of style
This one feels spring like in a pink and white tweed
 with white braided trim on the pockets
Worn with ivory tailored trousers from J Crew
Why did they use a tortoise shell button on these pants?
I need to change it to a white one 




Accessorizing with a vintage pink and lavender feather design neck scarf
For jewelry, I chose a gold tone knot bracelet 
and pink pave flower shaped rhinestone earrings 



Carrying a pale lavender croc embossed mini handle bag


I have had these shoes for a while
but I haven't been wearing them much until lately 
I love the color, but the heel is high
  Getting them out today, because I found them to be a perfect match for this bag
 


Blazer love. A bright turquoise blazer from spring, 2018
I still have this one, and need to wear it again, soon
It's such a bright and cheerful color!


It's been a very wacky spring, weather wise this year
 Very unseasonably cool
Much rain, high winds and temperatures in the low 50's!
It's more like typical March weather for this area
The flowers, flowering trees and bushes are so confused
I'm happy to see the Azaleas 🌸 are blooming and beautiful,
 in spite of the mixed signals Mother Nature is sending   



Hope everyone has a good week!







 

7 comments:

Lovely said...

The orchid outfit with the wheat blazer is so lovely!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Anonymous said...

The blazer are essentials items in our wardrobe. Love the look of both of them, however pink colour is exceptionally pretty
https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

Sally in St Paul said...

These are terrific jackets. I love that the oatmeal one has some shaping to it that is extremely flattering, a nice alternative to the oversized version. And that dark orchid color of your top and skirt is *divine*!

Loreena said...

You always have a great style to offer!!

Laura B said...

I find it tricky to wear oversized blazers as well. They make me look so bulky on top! More fitted options are much more flattering. I love that first one especially with the puffed sleeves!

Mica said...

I thought that first outfit was a blazer over a dress! The top and skirt are such a perfect match for each other. I think the blue blazer at the end is my favourite though, such a fun bright shade! I really need to add some more colourful blazers to my wardrobe!

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup. Hope you are having a good weekend. It's another rainy day here!

Away From The Blue

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

The wheat and orchid is a lovely combination. It's nice to see shorter fitted jackets, more chic than oversized in my view. The pink is a beautiful color. Thanks for linking and hope you have a great week.