Sunday, May 15, 2022

Very Peri in the Mix

Hello, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Periwinkle, and all shades of violet and blue-violet 
are flooding the shops and are all over social media now
   Pantone naming Very Peri as their color of the year
has really boosted the color into the limelight
It seems to me, Very Peri has been a little slow to catch on, though
 I have not actually been seeing much of it on the streets, so far this spring 


This week, I am featuring two outfits I assembled
 with pieces already in my closet in this lovely shade of blue-violet
 In the first outfit, I am wearing a periwinkle featherweight cropped cardigan
I have had this cardigan in my closet for several years
As pretty as the color is, I have struggled to incorporate it into an outfit
Now that periwinkle is so popular,
 I may be able to find some new pieces to mix with it
Worn here layered over a classic white collared shirt 
 with black and white geometric patterned straight ankle length trousers
 



My bright pink bag was a great purchase
I have carried in often to add a pop of color to many outfits!  


This Kate Spade scarf/tie is double sided, with contrasting prints
  I purchased it with a lot of possibilities in mind
I thought I would wear it as a neck scarf, 
but it has been a bit of a closet orphan like the sweater
These shades are perfect for spring this year, and hairbands are trending
so it seems perfect for the outfit-spades and polka dots!


I chose gold tone jewelry to compliment the outfit
An initial necklace, a simple hinged bracelet
and faceted ball stud earrings


Classic two tone block heel sling backs to finish the look



Next is a dressier outfit, with both the blouse and skirt shopped from my closet
A blue and white floral wrap style top with short puffed sleeves
and a full, two layer periwinkle eyelet skirt 






I chose summery gold tone and white enameled jewelry
to go with this outfit
The flower and leaf collar necklace is vintage, from the 50's
Worn with my favorite Betsey Johnson half daisy earrings and bow bracelet



 Another favorite accessory-
carrying my pink heart shaped bag


 
 White cross strap heels with braiding to finish the outfit 




A look from the past-spring 2018
This is the same Periwinkle cardigan as the first photo
in one of it's few previous wears 


 Very Peri in the garden






Hope everyone has a good week!






5 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

You make a great point about periwinkle being a color of item that often gets orphaned in the closet, but with Very Peri as the color of the year, perhaps more matching things will show up in retail...eventually. It's a gorgeous color but I personally don't find it easy to pair with other things. The cardi + scarf/headband is a lovely combination! I like the accessorizing in all these outfits.

Laura B said...

I love the color combination in your first outfit especially! The peri peri and pink are so pretty together! I hope you are having a great week!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You look so slim and stylish in the geometric pants! And you've got the "right" Very Peri, the blue toned violet. I've seen so many versions, most more like purple. It looks great with the pink! Thanks for linking

Mica said...

I love that scarf in the first outfit, it ties it all together so well! Accessories are great for that :) I like very peri but like you I haven't seen a lot in that colour around either which is a shame - I could definitely do with more purple in my wardrobe! I do have a periwinkle bag but it's more on the blue side with a subtle purple. I still adore it though, and it goes with so many things!

Thanks for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a great weekend. It's another rainy day here.

Away From The Blue

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

It's a lovely colour and you wear it so well. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com