Sunday, July 17, 2022

All A-Flutter

  Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog, today!

Summertime is well and truly in full swing, 
bringing with it all the hot and humid weather  
Now is the perfect time for short, fluttery sleeves and light, breathable fabrics
so today I am featuring two outfits that fit the bill!

My first warm weather look is a pale blue linen blend blouse
with a split neck and sweet flutter sleeves
I also wore this blouse on the blog styled under a brightly floral print dress 
this spring, in a post about florals 
Today, I am styling the blouse with a white frayed asymmetrical hem denim skirt 




This straw bag has become a seasonal staple for me 
since I purchased it last spring
I love the round shape in woven straw, and the sea shell design-
it looks like a holiday!


My accessories include a light blue silk scarf as a headband and minimal jewelry
Bright white enamel 3-D flower shaped earrings and silver tone knot bracelet  



White skimmer flats with bows on the toes
to complete the outfit



This outfit is also remixed  from earlier this season
 I wore this pale aqua floral dress back in April, in a post about spring layers
The dress had a cardigan over it, for that wear
Today, I am wearing it by itself
to show off the pretty double ruffle flutter sleeves


The dress is a faux wrap, with a deep flouced hem
and matching sash belt-very girly!


For jewelry, I am wearing my silver tone bow necklace,
with vintage post earrings that have large rectangular aqua cut glass stones


This bracelet is very dear to me, it was a gift from my mother-in-law
She bought it on her post college graduation trip to Europe in the 1940's
The links are tiny little scenes of tourist attractions in Germany 


Carrying my blush scalloped flap bag
with the ivory chiffon sash tie as a hair band


Nude ankle strap wedge heel sandals to finish the outfit


Summer 2019:
Flutter sleeves have been trending for a few years
This blouse is in a red and white fern print with cascading ruffled sleeves
It is part of a two piece skirt and blouse set,
 I wore the skirt that goes with it in my 2019 flashback on last week's post


One of my favorite summertime treats-🍉 


Hope everyone has a good week!






6 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh summer clothes are the best right! Love the ballerinas. Have a great start of the week.

mireille said...

I have been loving my white skirts so those 2 outfits are my favorites. A pretty contrast with colors and neutrals too.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Jessica Jannenga said...

ooo, really love the red and white print shirt! You look great in your white skirt, I have one similar . I love the earrings and necklace that have special meaning. I think when you travel, its fun to get a piece of jewelry as a momento.
thanks for linking!
jess xx
stay cool!
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Lovely said...

Love all these looks. Fantastic summer outfits.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Laura B said...

Your floral dress is so lovely! I really like your flutter sleeve top too! Hope you are having a great week!

Mica said...

I love flutter sleeves like this! I am having such a hard time picking a favourite outfit here though as I really like the blue and white in the first outfit - that bag is so summer! And of course I adore the dress, but the statement top in the third outfit is just perfect too! All such good outfits!

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a good weekend. We had a fun BBQ with friends yesterday.

Away From The Blue