Sunday, July 24, 2022

Summer shimmer


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Since the beginning of 2022
Since the beginning of 2022, all things shimmery and shiny have been trending
I think that collectively, we have all been missing the bling and craving it
Sequins and glitter are all over daywear,
 as well as the usual special occasion and evening out pieces
 I love sequins and all that glitters, and I think a lot of you do, too! 
So for this post I chose two outfits with subtle shine
These pieces can be dressed up or down, and can fit easily into daytime wear

My first outfit is worn a bit dressed up
The dress has a sweet smocked bodice and square neckline
The colors are soft tones and neutrals: Taupe, pale lavender and ivory, in an abstract print
The dress has a lovely shimmer to it,
due to the gold metallic thread woven into the fabric   





Carrying a pale lavender faux reptile mini handle bag


For jewelry, I chose burnished pieces with subtle shine
A romantic gold tone necklace of birds on a branch,
leather cord bracelet with a pale pink stone and dangling hoop earrings


Finishing the outfit with summery gold metallic criss cross strap sandals
with a woven wedge heel
Looking at these photos in hind sight,
 the shoes look a bit too heavy for the ethereal floaty dress,
I will find a better match the next time I wear this dress



Next, is a blush color faux wrap dress with a flouncy ruffled hem
This dress is already gone from my closet
I consigned it, and hopefully it will get a new home
with some who loves it, a loves great in it!
I was attracted to the shimmery fabric, but the color is not for me 
I feel a little ghostly in it


A shimmery ghost 
The dress just doesn't seem to play well with other thinks in my closet either,
that I could layer with it to liven it up


Accessorizing with a vintage scalloped flap white beaded clutch from the 50's
and a 20's chiffon sash as a hair band


Although I am not crazy about the dress,
I like the shimmery jewelry, and will definitely be keeping it
and wearing it again and again! 
Large silver tone 50's vintage flower shaped earrings with faux pearl centers,
pave twist collar necklace and link rhinestone heart charm bracelet


Nude tie cut out kitten heels to finish the look


Shimmering after a summer rain shower
Pink Hibiscus 


Hope everyone is safe and well from the global heat wave
and has a good week to come!


9 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I love a bit of shimmer and shine! Both dresses are very chic. also love that beautiful bird necklace!

Jessica Jannenga said...

You have a great figure and can pull anything off. I love both dresses, but the style of the first with the gold shimmer caught my eye. I love how you accessorized and picked warm tones with the strcutured bag and the gold sandals.
thanks for linking Di!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

ALLIE NYC said...

These dresses are lovely in particular that first one, just LOVE it!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love being and shimmer! Your two outfits are wonderful because they're subtle, they must look gorgeous in candlelight or certain types of light. I love the colors too. Thanks for linking

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Bling not being!!

mireille said...

So pretty in these blush colors!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Carol said...

These are such pretty dress-up outfits for summer!
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com

Mica said...

I love that first dress on you! I really like the second dress as well it's a shame you let it go, but it's definitely better to only have things you love and feel good in in your wardrobe! :)

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a lovely weekend :)

Away From The Blue

Laura B said...

I totally understand letting things go when they don't feel 'just right'. That first dress is so pretty on you! I love the scalloped clutch too!