Sunday, July 10, 2022

Colorful Flowing Midi Skirts for Summer

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Summer is mad for bright festive colors!
This week I am wearing two long, flowing and vibrantly colored midi skirts
One in a floral print, the other in a solid
Both of these outfits also feature something vintage,
as I am trying to incorporate more of the things that I save
for special occasions onto my everyday wardrobe

First, a breezy chiffon skirt in a vivid pink floral 
I paired it with a sweet ivory colored blouse from the 80's
The blouse has an interesting yolk that reminds me a little bit of a cape
fluttery cap sleeves and a subtle tone on tone abstract print 


Tiny blossoms all over the skirt


More bright color in a deep pink chain handle bag with stylized bow


Wearing a mixture of vintage and new jewelry
The pink bead and faux pearl wrap bracelet is from the 1940's
and the gold tone daisy shaped earring are current


Deep pink pointed toe reptile embossed slides with bow trim
to finish this girly look 

 

My next outfit features a long, full midi skirt that has become a favorite of mine 
 I love this bright shade of blue for all seasons
 The skirt also has a much sot after detail-roomy pockets! 
It is very versatile, and I have worn it several times in different ways on the blog
Last December I wore it in a monochrome outfit with a top of the same bright blue,
and this April I paired it with a graphic print blouse
Here it is again for summer, with a short sleeve white lace blouse 


I whole lot of bright blue!


I'm carrying a yellow vinyl box shaped handle bag from the 1960's
I can just picture a carefree 60's era teenaged girl 
 with this little bag swinging from her fingertips, 
 and wearing a wild psychedelic print mini dress with long flowing hair
I love to imagine the former lives of my vintage pieces-if only they could talk! 


Other accessories include a large floral print scarf worn as a waist sash
It ties (a pun!) all of the solid blocks of color in this outfit together nicely


My silver tone jewelry includes a starfish collar necklace,
knot bracelet and shiny flower shaped stud earrings


These taupe block heels are comfortable and I choose them a lot
I think I might purchase them in a darker color for fall while the style is still available 



Colorful midi outfit from 2019



More bright color in the summer flowers
These are called "Lipstick Pink" Impatiens



Hope everyone has a good week!



3 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Skirts like that I love to wear! So elegant. And I always feel great in skirts. Love that yellow box bag too.

Laura B said...

These skirts are so pretty on you! I love the scarf you added as a belt with the blue one and that pink floral is gorgeous too!

Mica said...

These are such pretty skirts! I really like the printed ones, but you know I love blue so I think the second outfit if my favourite! The printed scarf is so perfect as a belt!

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a lovely weekend :) We went to a birthday party yesterday and had a playdate today :)

Away From The Blue