Sunday, August 28, 2022

Labor Day

 

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

It's hard to believe that summer is winding down already,
the Labor Day holiday is just a week away, and autumn will soon be here
I feel as if the summer has barely gotten started
It has been a very busy one that has just flown by! 
This week I am sharing two fun and festive possible outfits 
for the upcoming long Labor Day holiday weekend 

First, a white tiered dress with sweet banded puffed sleeves
I worn this dress on the blog not long ago
 in a post about summer whites mixed with bright colors

Today, I am switching it up and accessorizing it with red for the patriotic holiday
A white dress is like a blank canvas, it is so versatile!



This little round straw bag has been in heavy rotation this spring and summer 
Today I dressed it up with a red and white striped scarf on the handle
in honor of the holiday


For accessories, I chose silver tone summery jewelry 
Large silver tone and red enamel flower 🌺 earrings and a dolphin figure bracelet  
 


Finishing the outfit with red and white striped espadrilles
These are summer favorites, but I've hardly had them out of the closet this season-
and this seems the perfect outfit for them! 


Next, another outfit in the colors of the holiday
I chose a red and navy blue striped midi length tee shirt dress
that has also been worn on the blog before
 I wore it back in the spring, dressed up a bit
Here it is remixed in a more casual way for the weekend





Accessorizing with a red, white and blue striped grosgrain belt
and a favorite little vintage 1960's white leather cross body bag


More accessories: 
A white wired crinkle fabric headband that I have really enjoyed styling this summer 
In my post from last week, I wore it around my neck as a sort of scarf
Also wearing a silver tone knot bracelet and white glass ball stud earrings



For shoes, I chose these white perforated slip on sneakers
These are cute and fun, but kind of stiff and clunky
and I have only worn them a few times
Buying shoes online is tricky-
no matter now closely I study the descriptions and reviews  
I usually end up with some surprises!  




 Blue and white stripes with bright pink from a Labor Day holiday past, in 2017



Table setting from a fun and festive summer picnic on the porch 



Hope everyone enjoys their week and upcoming holiday!


 

5 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

Love the striped dress with ribbon belt and sneakers!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Today is the last day of meteorological summer! But let's keep wearing summer clothes while the weather allows. Beautiful white dress. I love the cut out detail on the sneakers - they're exactly the sort I would go for! Thanks for linking.

Lovely said...

Love the white dress and the pop of red from the accessories look cool.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Laura B said...

Your white dress is so cute, especially with the red accessories. And your striped dress is super cute!

Mica said...

I like that sporty striped dress on you but my favourite outfit is the first one - I love adding colourful accessories like you have with the red to outfits, and the red is beautiful with the white.

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear link up. Hope you are having a good weekend :)

Away From The Blue