Sunday, October 30, 2022

Colors of Autumn

 Hello and thanks for visiting my blog!

 I am adding a little autumnal spice to two outfits this week
The fall season is a beautiful time of year here in the mid-Atlantic region of the US
The landscape is turning warm, rich, golden tones,
and the weather is cool, but still lovely for the most part
The perfect time to enjoy the outdoors
I love the colors that surround me at this time of year,
but of all the seasonal colors, the shades of autumn are the hardest for me to wear
This week, I am trying some of the colors in harmony with this season,
modified slightly, and grounded in black and white

My first outfit, is on an intensely sunny autumn ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿƒ day,
glowing from behind me in spite of the light filtering shade and black out curtains!
Wearing a chiffon dress in a riotous red and orange floral print on a black background   





Accessorizing with a rusty tan color suede sash belt, 
and for jewelry, a vintage brass bracelet, a DIY leaf necklace and little leaf shaped
rhinestone studded post earrings 


Carrying a vintage Etienne Aigner bag that I have not used in a long time
I think I will chose it more this fall,
especially since I now have a pair of shoes
 that complement it so well in style and color
I love it when that happens-
 something new comes into your closet and breaths fresh life into something 
that has been there for a while




Cognac braided block heel slides to finish the outfit



My second outfit features a pleated midi skirt with a swirling print of tiny flowers,
as if stirred up by a brisk fall wind!
The colors are autumnal shades of orange, gold, yellow and white on a black field
I chose a fitted black blazer style jacket with faux leather and zipper details
worn over a white ribbed tank 





Accessorizing with a 60's vintage neck scarf with a cute repeating geometric pattern 
in yellow, orange and olive adds another fall touch
Silver tone ball hinged bracelet and faceted dome stud earrings for jewelry 
 

Carrying a mustard yellow bag with bold silver tone hardware


For shoes, two tone nude and black sling backs with low block heels 
I can see why this Chanel style toe cap spectator has been a classic for decades
It's comfortable, walkable and works with so many outfits-CoCo you were a genius! 




Autumnal tones in the autumn of 2019
This mustard color is challenging for me
so I wore a scarf around my neck in colors better suited to me
 


It' is really beginning to look like fall-
a golden carpet of fallen leaves



Hope everyone has a good week!


6 comments:

Laura B said...

Both of these are lovely fall outfits! I especially like the bright floral colors in your skirt in the second outfit and how they pop against the black background!

Lovely said...

Fab looks! Love the dress and the midi skirt is cute!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Fall colors are wonderful, but difficult to wear for many! I love the skirt with the whirling flowers, as if they've been kicked up by the wind! Since my color analysis as a spring, I can wear oranges and browns, but it's challenging after ignoring them for years! I love your mustard accessories.

Mica said...

These are such beautiful colourful outfits for autumn! I really like the first outfit, with all the tan, but I love the second outfit as the touches of yellow are just so perfect with that pretty skirt :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up! Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

Jessica Jannenga said...

I LOVE Autumn for its weather and its fashion! You are such an expert at finding the perfect accessories to compliment your look. Love the suede belt and that dress' print. The yellow touches are just perfect with the second look as well. I am an "Autumn" when it comes to dressing, so I do savor this season!
thanks for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstykish.com

Anonymous said...

Lodha Hinjewadi project that liked new brands' dream homes modern facilities luxury 2/3/4/ developments. apartments for rental income. Lodha Hinjewadi premium lifestyle at Pune Expy, opposite MCA Cricket Stadium, is all good, area Maharashtra 412101 make new life amenities good modern 4500+ families resident amenities in both commercial and residential real estate.
For More Information calls us: - 020-71178598
Visit: - https://lodha-hinjewadi.newlaunchproject.in/