Saturday, December 3, 2022

Fall Layering with Jackets

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!

This week I am featuring two outfits with a jacket layer
Blazers, shackets and all types of jackets are trending this fall
They are perfect for the season and the weather 

Here in Maryland, and in most of the country
 except the (supremely lucky) southernmost states,
the temperatures are dropping below freezing and the layers are coming out in full force!

My first jacket layer outfit features a classic red wool double breasted blazer
 It is vintage, from the 80's by the company Jordache
I was very fortunate to find this piece some time ago in perfect condition
Vintage wool items that have escaped moth damage are rare!
 
Fun fact:  Jordache was one of the first companies
 to manufacture and popularize designer jeans back in the late 70's and 80's
 Vintage jeans from Jordache have quite a cult following today,
and the company is currently relaunching a denim line with Brooke Shields modeling
What comes around, comes back around! 
Wearing this gem of a blazer
 with a black tank style blouse and black pleated knee length skirt

I am happy to say that all of the pieces from this outfit 
 are remixed from my closet from previous seasons


Carrying one of my vintage red bags, from the 1950's


Accessorizing with a bold gold tone buckle cuff bracelet, 
mustard yellow belt and embossed post earrings


Wearing a bright multi colored and elaborately printed neck scarf  


You can't really see the motif very well when wearing it,
but the scarf is a magnificently detailed  zodiac print design


Black block heel loafers to finish this classic decade hopping look!



My next outfit features a current shaw collar blazer 
 I like the relaxed, but not too oversized proportions of it
Later in the season, a heavier layer can be worn underneath 
This mauve-ish color has been a bit of a challenge to work into my wardrobe
At first glance, I saw a lot of possibilities with this color
When I got it home and started 
   mixing it with the pieces I thought it would blend with from my closet,
 I discovered it doesn't mix so well
The jacket is a clash with all of my pinks,
 so I decided to try it with my favorite neutral-navy blue
Tailored roll and tab sleeve blazer under a navy blue "V" neck top
with dark wash boot cut jeans




Carrying a camel tan and snake print handle bag
with a multi colored scarf tied to the handle


Accessorizing with a tan belt with silver tone buckle,
blue multi purpose tie as a necklace and silver tone star stud earrings
(Ignore the hair band, I was going to wear it, but changed my mind)




You can't see them in this outfit picture, due to the longer jacket and front view,
but I'm loving the Y2K inspired back flap pocket revival on these jeans!



Braided faux suede block heel slides to finish the outfit



What are your favorite layers for this time of year?

Hope you all have a good week!





6 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

That red Jordache blazer looks great (and just seeing "Jordache" is such a blast from the past!). The mauve blazer is also pretty but I hear you on the "harder to style than expected" with the unusual color. Over a neutral column of color is a great way to style those awkwardly-colored pieces.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I never wore jackets or blazers and now I would not know what to do without them, lol. Your red one is gorgeous!

Laura B said...

That red blazer was a great find! It really is in fantastic condition from the pics. I love that stunning scarf as well. What a beautiful design!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

These are beautiful! Love the way you put together both outfits. Just gorgeous! I remember my Jordache jeans!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Drooling over your vintage bag from the 50s! We are having unusually cold temperatures, below minus, so I'm layering big time! Love that elegant dark red. Thanks for linking and have a good weekend!

Kellyann Rohr said...

That bag from the 50's caught my eye - I am handbag obsessed! So happy you shared these looks on Fashion Files!
xo,
Kellyann