Thursday, December 29, 2022

New Year's Eve


Hello, and Happy New Year to you all!
 I would like to express my gratitude to each and every one of you
 who stops by my blog
I truly appreciate your comments and encouragement  
and being part of this wonderfully supportive community! 


New Year's Eve is the perfect occasion to dress to the nines,
so I'm devoting this post to styling two possible outfits to wear for this special evening

I wore the dress in this first outfit on the blog this past summer in a post about the 
sparkling fabrics that have been so popular for the past few seasons
I thought the dress was so pretty, and could possibly be dressed up for New Year's Eve,
so I left it out when I was packing up my summer wardrobe
I think it works well for the festive holiday!
The dress has lovely details, with a smocked bodice and cuffs, sheer floaty sleeves,
and shimmering golden treads running through the fabric





I picked out dainty gold tone jewelry for the occasion,
to compliment the dress 
A collar necklace embellished in rhinestone starbursts,🌟
earrings with cascading stars
and a name bracelet with a rhinestone dot on the "i"
Bling-bling!


Carrying a dusty pink and nude colored bag
that I reach for time and again
This little bag has been incredibly versatile in my wardrobe through all the seasons
I love when purchases turn out to be even more useful and more loved than you think!
Also wearing this dusty pink headband in my hair 



Nude low heel ankle tie pumps to finish this holiday look



More fancy-ness for a New Year's Eve celebration!
This outfit has an alternative mood to the muted tones of the first one
I chose a bright pink smocked blouse with billowy sleeves
and a square neckline
paired with a full black skirt with a lace overlay 




Carrying one of my all time favorite bags-
a hard shell handle bag with a black and white photograph of two playful Beagles


 New Year's Eve is the perfect time to bring out all the sparkly jewelry and accessories!
Wearing a thin black belt, with a metallic studded bow 
For more sparkle, I added a 1950's vintage rhinestone expansion bracelet
and pave crystal and black drop earrings


Black and white micro stripe Mary Jane heels the finish the outfit



A 2018 holiday outfit
This photo makes me nostalgic for pre-pandemic days, 
and hopeful that 2023 and the future beyond brings a new normal
 that includes good things for all!



Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year!








 

7 comments:

Mica said...

These are lovely outfits and I really like the sparkle in the first two for the new year! :)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you have a great start to the new year!

www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Happy New Year Di! I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and a great start of 2023!

mireille said...

That first dress is so pretty! I do love that second top too! Happy new year!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Laura B said...

I really like the soft feminine sparkle of the first outfit and the beautiful bold of the second outfit. Hope you had a happy new year!

Sally in St Paul said...

Lovely festive & feminine outfits for New Years Eve!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Two very different outfits but both full of lovely details. The dainty gold jewelry really caught my eye with the first dress. For the second outfit I love the sparkle on the skirt. You have a wardrobe/closet to die for!

Ahmad Sultan said...

I really like the soft feminine sparkle of the first outfit and the beautiful bold of the second outfit.