Sunday, December 18, 2022

It's Christmastime Once More

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season-
I can hardly believe Christmas is right around the corner once more!
 The days are zooming by, and
in a few short, whirlwind weeks it will be over
I wish I could s-l-o-w down time!

Anyway, any excuse to dress up and wear Christmas red!
For my first outfit this week,
 I started with a super versatile bright red flat knit scoop neck sweater,
and paired it with navy blue straight leg ankle crop trousers
I am incorporating lots of seasonal accessories to turn this into a festive holiday look!
 
 


Carrying my red drawcord pouch handle bag
In the winter, I think it is reminiscent of a mini Santa's toy bag,
in the summer, a picnic sack!


For jewelry, I chose a wide gold tone collar necklace,
green stone stud earrings, and an open cuff bracelet ringed in green stones
Have to give some love to the other Christmas color-green! 🎄


 To add to the fun, holiday vibe of this outfit,
I wore a wide green pleated and scalloped headband,
 and a vintage multicolored plaid scarf tied as a sash belt
 I wear this scarf mostly during the holiday season because the colors
 and print remind me so much of Christmas decorating ribbon


Red knotted vamp D'Orsay pumps to finish the outfit 



My next outfit has lots of wintery texture, in a classic skirt and cardigan combination   
Wearing a soft wool ivory sweater with large buttons and cute curved pockets,
layered over a red top
Paired with a pleated skirt in a nubby woven stripe pattern



Just a few 🙄 red accessories give this classic look some festive pops of color!
A wide red woven belt, and bright red hair band


Carrying the same red bag as the first outfit


Black and tan toe cap sling backs with block heels the complete this look



Sharing this cute decor on a neighbor's lawn 


I'm ready for Santa!



Since I usually post on Sunday, and next Sunday is Christmas Day,
so I plan to post next week with some New Year's Eve outfit ideas  

Hope to see you then!

Also, hope everyone catches the spirit, and is enjoying the holiday season!

 

5 comments:

Laura B said...

Both of these outfits are so cute and festive! I love the red accessories in both. The plaid scarf as a belt is a great idea!

Sally in St Paul said...

I love the plaid scarf worn as a belt - it really makes the outfit festive. The pleated skirt with the slim silhouette through the hips looks terrific. Have a great Christmas!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You can't beat red for some festive feels! Love these two outfits and accessories - the cute Dorothy bag as we used to call it! Thanks Di for linking throughout the year. Happy Holidays!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Red is The colour for Christmas right! I love cropped trousers with pumps! Have a fabulous New Year's Eve!

Mica said...

Oh that little red bag is the cutest! I really love that first outfit and how the ties on your shoes and the scarf belt coordinate so well with the drawstring bag! It's a really lovely outfit.

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas :)

www.awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com.au