Sunday, January 15, 2023

Barbiecore-All the Pink!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

All of the shades of pink are trending this season-
from the palest pastel to the new color of the year-Viva Magenta
 The Barbiecore movement is going strong!
 I am already a big fan of the color pink, so this is a trend that I am happy to embrace
I have a lot of pink in my wardrobe,
but late fall into winter is not the time of year I usually wear it much,
This year, though-it's a yes! 
Today I am featuring two looks featuring shades of pink
 
My first outfit is comprised of a two tone pink ribbed knit cropped cardigan
I can easily see this sweater reimagined for spring, too 
I layered the sweater over a navy blue tank with a skirt with large silver tone metal grommets
The skirt is a bit difficult to style, because it is such a bold design,
and a lot of the tops I try pairing it with just don't stand up to it
I think the skirt has met it's match with this unusual, mod design sweater
BTW, the grommets are only on the front,
sitting on them would be pretty uncomfortable!  
 


 

Blingy metallics have been making a big comeback for day and night
so I thought this shiny silver 60's style bag 
with it's circular buckle complemented the outfit well-
sort of futuristic!


I accessorized with clean shapes-a modern hinged collar statement necklace,
sphere design bracelet and bright pink irregular stone earrings


Navy blue block heel embossed slingbacks to finish the outfit



Another outfit featuring the color pink!
A bright pink straight skirt, paired with black and white
I'm sticking loosely to a retro modern theme this week for both of these outfits
Pairing the skirt with a cropped cardigan in a swirling psychedelic black and white print
over a white tank top








The bag is vintage from the 60's-
it's one of my favorites that I choose a lot
I like the supple leather and sleek design with curved handles
and silver tone geometric shaped hardware details




I chose a swirly abstract motif bracelet and earrings and a collar necklace
in silver tone for my jewelry to complement the wild sweater design



Low heeled black leather pumps with wide curved instep strap
to complete the look


An outfit with a raspberry pink dress from 2019



Hope everyone enjoys their week!







 

4 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

Bright pink is such a great choice with optic black and white prints!

Laura B said...

I definitely love me some PINK! I'm all about barbiecore. That first outfit is my favorite. Love the edgy grommets and the fun dual color cardigan you paired with it. It's the perfect mix of edgy and girly!

Mica said...

Oooh I love that pink dress at the end! I really like pink as well - I mostly wear pink in accessories in winter, but I have a few pink dresses and tops I like to wear in warmer weather too! :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

The two toned cardigan is so unusual! It works so well with the grommet skirt. The striking jacket in the 2nd outfit looks great with the pink skirt. I love pink, but since my color analysis re-rating I'm choosing pinks which aren't blue toned. It's a challenge because to my mind those are the best ones!