Sunday, January 22, 2023

What Would Winter Be Without Plaid?

Hello everyone, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

It's hard to imagine winter without plaid
There is so very much to choose from!
 From brightly colored to subdued patterns, large to small,
 on any garment you can imagine
There is the classic plaid shirt of course, and so much more
Plaid variations are on jackets, pants, skirts, coats, scarves-
you name it and it's been plaid-ed!
Wool and flannel plaid patterns remain cold weather favorites year after year

This week I am shopping my closet and styling a couple of very different plaid skirts
First, a wool windowpane plaid knee length skirt in bright teal, 
 with black, white and grey in the pattern
Worn with a white button up under a black "V" neck pullover
for a classic look





I gave this outfit a bit of a 60's mod twist with a silver metallic buckle detail handle bag
and grey herringbone pattern tights


For jewelry, I picked out a few streamlined pieces  
Turquoise triangular stud earrings with a hammered silver tone collar necklace,
and modern design orb hinged bracelet


Black low wedge heel tassel loafers to finish the look



Another plaid skirt I shopped my closet for to make this outfit
This one is a very full midi length, with the plaid cut on the bias
The colors are neutral in black, grey and ivory
Worn with an ivory cropped crew neck pullover
in a fancy crochet knit  





A few pops of color in my jewelry:
Red heart hand crafted earrings, mixed metal chain necklace
the peace ☮️ symbol red leather wrap bracelet



Carrying an ivory satchel bag


Boots seemed to suit the outfit,
so I pulled out these low heel equestrian style knee high pair
that haven't been shown much love this season


Flashback to an outfit with a pair of
herringbone plaid ankle cropped trousers from winter 2019


I'll have to find a nice way to style this little 70's vintage blue plaid fabric bag
It's so cute, and doesn't get off the shelf often enough


Hope everyone enjoys their week!





 

4 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh again, those bags! Especially the silver one, love it! And plaid!

Sally in St Paul said...

I love teal so that first teal plaid skirt really caught my attention. The silver bag is so pretty too!

Karins Kottage said...

Loving the plaid! I just bought a pair of plaid cropped ankle pants and I am excited to wear them!

Laura B said...

I'm really loving that teal plaid skirt! It's so cute and the color isn't one you normally see in plaid. That plaid bag is darling too! You have lots of great plaid pieces!