Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sweater Weather

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!

The temperatures have not taken a major nose dive yet,
 which is not bad, considering it is January
It's definitely time to start pulling out and wearing those soft and fluffy layers, though!
For this post I am styling two pullover sweaters,
 in colors that are trending big this fall

First, a rich, saturated royal blue V neck pullover, in a soft ribbed knit
I love this vibrant shade of blue!
 I have several other pieces I have collected
over the past few years, in my wardrobe in solids and in prints 
Bright blue is a favorite color for me to wear
  I am glad to see it trending again,
because that means there are a lot of options to chose from in the shops
Pairing the sweater with a black and white herringbone pattern knit skirt
with a sassy front zipper 
 




Carrying this cute silver metallic handle bag,
detailed with a large decorative buckle-so retro 1960's! 


I chose silver tone jewelry to complement the bag
A DIY horse head pendant necklace,
a large, bold mesh hinged bracelet
and 1960's stylized flower (or wreath) design earrings 


Tying a black and white scarf with a multi size polka dot print in my badly behaving hair


Black block heel square toe loafers to finish the look 



My next outfit is built around a forrest green
 sweater in a super soft and light knit, with lace up detail 
Wearing it with a tonal blue striped top underneath 
One of my go-to pairs of denim jeans this fall has been this  
 full length boot cut style with a moderately high waist in a dark wash
There are so many pant silhouettes trending this season, it is mind boggling!
I am happy to have some dependable classic cuts I can count on, for now




This little two tone bag is new this fall
It has a versatile, adjustable top handle to cross body strap 
I like the modified satchel style and small size so much
  I think the brown leather and wheat color textile combination 
will be very versatile though the seasons-we'll see! 
I took a chance and ordered this bag online
It's by Nine West, and I am happily surprised
that I like it as much in person as I did in the pictures on the computer- 
it's always a gamble!


Accessorizing with a multi color leather belt and simple gold tone jewelry
A collar necklace in alternating distressed and shiny curved links, and small hoop earrings


Perforated neutral bone color stacked heel slides to finish the outfit



Sparkly, fuzzy Pullover sweater from 2018
Unfortunate, this one is gone from my wardrobe,
it did not do well in the wash



Hope everyone enjoys their week!


5 comments:

Mica said...

Oh it's a shame that sparkly knit did not wash well - it is such a fun statement piece and looks very cosy! I really like that blue knit too - I've been trying to focus on other colours when I'm shopping for knits as I have so many blue ones in my wardrobe already, but they just go with everything!

Sally in St Paul said...

Bright blue and forest green are great colors for winter sweaters and your styling is great as always. Too bad about the striped sweater but it goes that way sometimes.

Laura B said...

I really like how the striped tee adds interest under your green sweater. I love the cobalt blue and black look as well!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

such a shame this statement print doesn't live so well.
the work with silvers is amazing! I love all the accessories, it's nice to dress a tiny bit extra at times for dates or for no reason really. The second outfit looks so cute and comfy: I'd wear it on repeat.

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love the bright blue sweater - I recently bought one in a similar shade with some sparkle in it. What a shame the striped sweater didn't wash well. I found a lovely sweater in a charity shop that I bought for my mum but she put it in the tumble dryer and it shrank to less than half its original size! If in doubt I always hand wash and dry flat. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com