Sunday, March 12, 2023

Saint Patrick's Week


Happy Saint Patrick's Week to all 🍀,
and thanks for stoping by my blog today!

This week, I chose two outfits featuring green,
since it is the traditional color of the Saint Patrick's Day holiday
It is easier than usual to incorporate a little green or a lot,
since all of the greens are trending now!

My first outfit features touches of green in the accessories
I started with a blue chambray blazer, over a white tank top
and a dark wash knee length denim skirt
A neutral canvas, to really lay on the green extras!




For a bag, I picked my spruce green circular one,
and tied a green and white striped scarf to the handle
for an added festive touch


Wearing a special 40's vintage necklace that I don't chose often enough
It is made of green triangular and oval beads in Lucite
Other jewelry includes geometric shapes to compliment the necklace-
a gold tone hinged bracelet and open teardrop shaped earrings


More accessories in shades of green, because why not-this is definitely the week for it!
Green pleated and twisted hair band, and a green embossed leather belt


Navy sling back block heel pumps to finish the look


For my second outfit this week, I chose some blue-greens shades  
I layered a teal green tee under a crochet cropped vest
 in a striped pattern of a lighter shade of teal, tan and white
Woren with slightly distressed high waisted boot cut  jeans



Carrying my mod style silver metallic buckle detail handle bag


Accessorizing with a chunky silver tone necklace
 and a very special sterling silver cuff bracelet with running horses motif 
( Ignore the scarf, it is in the picture by mistake,
I switched it for a solid teal headband)


Bone color stacked heel perforated slides to finish this casual look



Flashing back to a previous St. Patrick's week in 2019
Blue and green together seems to be a sub-theme this week!



Hope everyone enjoys this festive week,
whether you have a drop of Irish ancestry or not!
23 and Me declares that I don't, but I plan to have fun anyway,
and help celebrate those who do!

Also, it is a very celebratory week
for my husband and I as we are celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary!
 








 

6 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh what is not to love about green right? Happy anniversary!!

Sally in St Paul said...

I love blue and green together, and both of these outfits are top-notch examples! Love the pretty finishes touches that you put in the outfits. Happy anniversary!

Jessica Jannenga said...

Hi Di!
First Happy Anniversary! Second, love the green looks here. The first has all of the beautiful accessories in green and I love the round bag wit the scarf! Every outfit is fun and festive, the crochet top is such a cool layering piece.
thanks for linking!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Laura B said...

I love pairing green with blue too! Your green bag is absolutely darling! I hope you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Those are lovely blue tones greens and look great with the silver bag. Happy anniversary!

Mica said...

I really like green and blue too! I need to wear that combination more often. I really like the first outfit with the green accessories, I'm trying to be bolder with my colour choices and reach for the few green accessories I have more often, but often default to a green and blue outfit! It just works!

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up!