Sunday, March 26, 2023

Knit fit in pink!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

This week I am styling two cropped sweaters for spring in pink-a vest and a cardigan
All of the pinks have really been trending since fall, which is a bit of a surprise!
At first, I thought the pink trend might not catch on,
since light pink especially, seemed such an unlikely shade back in the fall
But catch on, it did!
I'm glad to see pink is continuing to be popular for spring and summer
I worn both of the sweaters in this post previously on the blog this winter
The first one in a post about sweater vests in February 
and the second one in a post about the Baricore trend, back in January

First, restyling the cotton candy pink sweater vest
 over a blue and pink ditsy floral blouse
The blouse worn underneath is so sweet
 with tiny ruffles around the neck and at the sleeve caps
I wore the blouse on the blog this winter also,
 in February, for my Valentine's week post
Paired for spring with a button front medium wash denim skirt




I have had this little mini satchel bag from Dooney & Bourke for years
It is a classic style and it goes especially well with all types and shades of denim


Accessorizing with gold tone jewelry 
A disc pendent, small hoop earrings and an open cuff bracelet
I think all together this outfit has a bit of a retro preppy vibe,
the vest just takes me there, no matter what I pair it with! 


Tan suede shoe booties with stacked heels
to finish the outfit



More pink!
This two tone bright and pastel mixed pink cropped cardigan 
 looked like it would be a lot of fun to wear when I fell for it in the store
It turns out to be a bit much for me!
The only two times I have worn it, it turned out looking pretty costume-y
I will probably consign this one, someone else will adore it, I know

Worn here with a bright pink tank top underneath,
and medium wash denim jeans


It does make a fun and cheerful outfit!



All this screaming 😱 pink seemed to call for more color to balance it out
so I chose to carry a bright turquoise fold over flap bag


For jewelry, a silver tone cuff bracelet with faux turquoise,
geometric bar and scallop shaped link necklace and hoop earrings


A few more accessories:
(I must have been in a "more is more" mood when I got dressed this day)
A vintage scarf in a geometric mix of bright and pastel colors in my hair
and a bone colored braided belt 


Matchy bone perforated slides with wedge heels
to finish the outfit



Previous pink from spring, 2020



After that overload of pink, a little bit of a different spring color-yellow
The daffodils 🌼 are now in full bloom in our garden
It's such an uplifting sight and a joyful, exuberant color!

Read on if you are interested a bit of nostalgic childhood reminiscence
in a short piece I wrote on the blog back in 2016 about daffodils
 




When I was in elementary school, every spring there was a field trip to Mr. Culpepper's garden. 
Mr. Culpepper was a very old man, with a large piece of property, a few short blocks from the school. Much of his vast garden was left unmanicured, but would sprout with bunches of daffodils in the Spring. Each year, whole classes went, one at a time, to admire his wonderful bounty of yellow and white blooms. The old man would trade each of us 25 cents for a big bunch of the flowers, which we would carefully transport back to school, and put in jars to decorate our classrooms. There were age appropriate lessons to be taught at each grade level from these yearly outings, about gardens and flowers and how to be respectful of, and not fearful of elderly people, like Mr. C., (even though he was old and wrinkly and had big thick swollow legs). There were more lessons about the cycle of life, and the delicacy of the flower petals. There were drawing lessons. There was a lot to be learned from Mr. Culpepper's garden. Each Spring when the first daffodils rise from the earth, I think of Mr. Culpepper, and these excursions out of the classroom, to his garden. He is gone now, and his vast property was willed to the county for the purpose of building low income housing for less fortunate elderly members of the community. 
Little bunches of those daffodils were left and still bloom today in the garden on the grounds there. 
Mr. Culpepper was even more awesome than my elementary school age brain could comprehend
 at the time, and his memory lives on in my mind today.

Hope everyone has a good week!

 

6 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Beautiful memories to Mr.Culpepper's daffodiles. We have them a lot to in our garden. I actually love the cropped pink cardigan! And the hairband!

Sally in St Paul said...

Love how you styled the light pink vest! The two-tone cardigan is really cute but I can understand how it might feel a bit much. I enjoyed the story of Mr. C's garden!

mireille said...

Sweet memories! I love the cropped cardigan outfit!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelm.com

Laura B said...

What a sweet memory from your childhood! I love the idea of using daffodils in all those different ways for learning! And I love your beautiful pink outfits! That pink vest is so cute! It's a great color on you!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I love a bit of pink. Now that I'm a spring my pinks are yellow toned - Flamingo, coral. In my pre spring days I would have jumped for that 2 tone pink cropped cardigan. Adorable. The soft pale pink in the first outfit is very pretty. Clever to offset all the pink with a turquoise bag. Daffodils are so bright and cheerful, we've certainly needed them with the grim weather!

Mica said...

What sweet memories of your teacher :) I really like that two tone cardigan on you, but better to let it do if you are not enjoying it. Pink looks so good on you! :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)