Sunday, March 19, 2023

The Challenging, Changeable Weather of March

 
Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

March is a very changeable month as far as weather goes where I live,
 and in many parts of the country and around the globe as well
Currently, it is 36 degrees with a wind chill factor of 28-
so not very spring like at all
But still, spring is right around the corner-it happens ever year!
A lot of us are scratching our heads, trying to figure out what to wear
to stay comfortable during the unpredictable winter to spring bridge season 
Almost all conditions are possible, and we have to be ready for anything- 
wind, rain, sun, clouds, warm, cool-all changing at the drop of a hat!

For this post, I chose two transitional layered outfits
to give you some ideas for how to navigate
 the erratic climate conditions betwixt and between the seasons

For my first outfit, I chose a blazer style jacket in a soft dusty pink, blue and white plaid
(Walking the line-plaid for winter, pink for spring!)
Layering a medium weight ivory ribbed knit top under the jacket,
and wearing a dark wash denim skirt
 




Carrying my new two tone tan vegan leather with wheat color fabric handle bag
I like the shape and the bold, gold tone hardware


For accessories, I picked out a gold tone knot design bracelet,
double entwined circle earrings
and a blue and white neck scarf with a large polka dot print-
all the circles!


Tan stacked heel tassel loafers to finish this transitional look



Here is another outfit for the in between times
A sage green ruffle front jacket, belted at the waist
It's warm, but worn this way it has the look of a blouse
Layering with a nude sleeveless tank top underneath
Worn with high waisted, dark wash straight leg denim jeans
I wore this jacket back in November, in a post about red accessories,
so it spans the seasons well  



Carrying a small cognac colored faux suede and leather Tulip shaped tote 


For jewelry, I'm going from the circle motif in the outfit above
 to a similar chain link design
Chunky gold tone chain link bracelet
dangling interlocking chain link earrings and a
collar necklace of hinged, curved bars 


One more favorite accessory in this outfit
A rose, taupe and ivory color floral print scarf, worn in my hair
This is a go to scarf for me
I love that it is very long and soft, and can be used in many ways
It can be tied around my neck, into a big bow or knotted around my waist,
or in my hair-truly versatile!


Cognac braided block heel slides to finish the outfit


Taking you back four years 📆, to March 2019
I still have this bright and cheerful aqua jacket in my closet 
I wore it here to lighten up an otherwise dark end-of-winter outfit
with a black blouse and feather print skirt


Hope everyone everyone has a good week!






7 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

March is weird this year, snow and warmth! And a lot of rain. Got wet twice today on the bicycle. Love the olive green jacket. And the denim skirt!

Sally in St Paul said...

Your green jacket worn as a blouse is very pretty! Of course the aqua blazer in the look back is perfect for that "calendar says spring, weather says still winter" season in which adding bright pops of color to dark outfits helps cheer us up.

Laura B said...

The weather here has been absolutely crazy too! We had very strong winds and snow Saturday. Brrrr! But you have it covered with your darling layers! I love that pink plaid blazer especially!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

They say that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb! Here it's still in lion mode.
Your transitional outfits are very clever- plaid for winter, pink for spring! Wearing the sage jacket as a warm top is also a great idea. I'm still wearing winter clothes today, even though I packed most of them away. Thanks for linking!

Heather Noire said...

I love how you styled everything. It works so well for the season. And I like how unique everything is and classy.https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/03/spring-into-fashion-5-fashion-trends-to.html

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love how you put outfits together, your accessories are always fabulous! I'm hoping for some milder spring weather very soon - I don't like the wind and rain. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com

Mica said...

These are such great layers for spring! I find it tricky to dress in those in-between seasons when the weather starts to change up too, I'm either too cold or too hot most days, haha! So far though, a month into autumn and it's still summer temps, so dressing has been easy thank goodness! Anything that feels a little chilly is the absolute perfect thing to wear by mid morning and for the rest of the day.

Thanks so much for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup!