Sunday, March 5, 2023

The Unsung Cardigan-Casual and Dressy

 Hello, and as usual-thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

This week, I thought it would be nice to show a little love 
to an unsung wardrobe staple-the cardigan sweater
This button up sweater is a very versatile layering piece that flies under the radar,
and doesn't get the credit it is due
I'm happy to see a variety of different cuts and shapes of cardigans and other knitwear
have gained popularity over the past few years, and many styles wearable for all seasons 
It's good to see the cardigan having a bit of a resurgence, 
and shedding it's label as being frumpy and boring 🥱
 
For my first outfit featuring a cardigan this week, 
I chose a multi colored marled mix in coral, blue and white
with a V neck with large wooden buttons
Worn over a "Life is Good" graphic peace symbol tee,
and with a straight, dark wash denim skirt 




Carrying a camel color shoulder bag with burnished hardware
I took this bag out of rotation for a couple of seasons,
and recently got it out and looked at it with new eyes
 I realized it complemented the short boots in this outfit 
in style and the color matches perfectly
It's great to shop your own closet!


Curved top studded camel tan short boots 
with stacked heels and studs


Wearing casual, understated jewelry with this outfit
An arrow collar necklace, a two tone wrap bracelet
and small gold tone hoop earrings



Another outfit with a cardigan sweater, this look is a bit more dressy
I chose a violet sweater with a purple grosgrain button placket
and wore it tucked in to a dark grey flared skirt



Carrying a cute little 1960's vintage
light grey pebble grain leather handle bag with buckle detail 


Adding some pops of color to brighten up this outfit- 
a purple hair band and purple and teal blue floral print silk scarf


More of the color purple in my jewelry, with both pieces being vintage from the 1950's 
An expansion bracelet and a great pair of large rectangular cut glass
 smokey amethyst color earrings


Wearing plaid bow detail pumps to finish the look
I am starting to pack my fall and winter clothes
and get out those for spring and summer at last!
I think this will be the last wear of these cute shoes for the season,
but I will look forward to seeing them again in the fall



Coming up on March 18th is our wedding anniversary,
Celebrating 26 years of marriage to this wonderful man-
I could not have chosen a better partner for the ups and downs of life!

You can see the reason for my color scheme
Matchy-matchy with my husband
I am fortunate that he enjoys dressing up 


Hope everyone has a good week!


5 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh your husband is wearing a very nice shirt! And I Love studded shoes or boots a lot. But the purple huges are very pretty too!

Sally in St Paul said...

Happy anniversary! Both of these cardigans are great. I'm also a cardigan fan and am happy to see them have a fashion moment.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Lovely! Now I'm going to have to look for a cardigan. Happy anniversary to you both!

Laura B said...

Happy Anniversary to you both next week! It's so wonderful to celebrate long lasting marriages! I love the purple on you and your scarf with that outfit is so pretty!

Mica said...

Aww, happy anniversary! :)

I really like these outfits - you wear your cardigans so well! I think the purple outfit is my favourite though, I've never tried a cardigan under a skirt before but this outfit makes me want to! :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)