Sunday, June 25, 2023

Show Your Stripes!


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

This week, I am wearing two outfits featuring bold striped patterns 
Stripes of all types (rhyming!) are trending this season-no surprise here
Although they are always big for spring and summer-especially those with white in them
 I am a big fan of stripes and wear them year round,
whether trending or not-how about you?
They are such a classic pattern
There is practically an infinite variety of colors and widths stripes,
 and they all look so different
They are a wardrobe workhorse pattern for me, for sure!

My first outfit features a black, white and grey striped skirt in an unusual wrap style
Worn with a white denim jacket and a magenta top underneath for a pop of color



Carrying a bright magenta bag for another matchy bit of color


Simple, casual jewelry to accessorize this outfit 
A 1950's vintage expandable bracelet in purple plastic 
and chunky textured silver tone hoop earrings


Black band strap sandals to finish the outfit



Another stripy summertime outfit,
this one with wide horizontal navy blue and white stripes on the top
Worn with a Kelly green linen blend button front midi skirt
Kelly and navy are a classic color combination
and like this outfit, frequently translate into a nautical look 
There are so many great green pieces to chose from in the shops now
since the color is trending big!






Carrying my 1960's vintage white wicker bag
with the see through front panel and psychedelic print lining!



For jewelry, I chose a few key silver tone pieces 
that work so well in the summertime
A star, or starfish necklace, a link design cuff bracelet,
and large, shiny hoop earrings 


One of my favorite pairs of summer shoes seemed the perfect matchy
bookend for this outfit-navy and white striped lace up espadrilles!



Stripes all over!
A vertically striped ruffle trimmed jumpsuit from summer, 2018



Hope everyone enjoys their week!




 

4 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Fabulous looks Di! I love stripes more and more! And that beautiful bracelet is a eyecatcher!

mireille said...

That first skirt! I love it!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Laura B said...

You are stripe-tacular! Love those striped espadrilles and your 1960s bag is fabulous! The lining is super fun!

Mica said...

Stripes are my favourite print, I have so many striped pieces in my wardrobe! I am really liking the first outfit in particular. They are all great outfits and you wear stripes so well, but that skirt is just such a fun unique piece! :)

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)