Sunday, June 11, 2023

Viva La Pinks!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

It's no secret that I have embraced the color pink to the fullest
Even more so since Barbiecore has become such a hot and widespread trend!
 My love of pink has been longstanding,
but there were years when I did not wear much of the color at all 
due to fear of not being taken seriously in the workplace
Thank goodness the days when dark, drab colored workwear ruled are (mostly) gone! 


This week I am featuring two outfits dominated by shades of pink
First, a lovely to wear silk shift dress with an all-over wild, stylized floral print
It is in deep and saturated shades of pink, orange and red on a bright pink background
Layering an ivory double layer chiffon peplum blouse over the dress in this outfit






I would love to have these exotic blooms growing in my garden 😍!


To accessorize, I am wearing a pink braided hairband,
and gold tone jewelry
Large flower shaped earrings, and a rhinestone embellished collar necklace


Carrying a white clutch bag, that converts to a cross body style with a detachable strap
I detect a hole in my accessory collection-
I need to shop for a less structured small white bag for softer outfits


Dark pink faux reptile kitten heel slides with bow detail 
seemed the perfect way to complete this colorful outfit



Next, is a dress I last wore on the blog
during the Christmas holidays in a post titled Holiday Flare
Back then, I layered a wine colored cropped cardigan over the dress for warmth
This week, I am wearing it accessorized for spring
The dress is a bold geometric print in bright multiple shades of pink,
with short puffed sleeves and a flouncy bias cut skirt    


All the pink!


Carrying my pale pink heart shaped bag
that blends nicely with the background shade in the dress


The print of the dress is a lot, especially on it's own, so I kept the jewelry minimal
Wearing a simple gold tone hinged collar necklace and bow bracelet  


Pale lilac tie heels to finish the look



Here is a more subtle shade of pink 
in a casual outfit from a spring past, 2019



Hope everyone has a good week!





6 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

My sister wore pink with creme last week too and I thought that it was a surprising combination. Your dress is stunning, those colours together, and the print! Gorgeous!

mireille said...

The bright pink is so fun! I paired it with navy on the blog today and I was so surprised how nice the combo was. Love that print on the dress.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Two very impactful dresses! I love the rich warm print of the first one. Thanks for linking and hope to see you tomorrow.

Sally in St Paul said...

I love both of these rich pink prints. The ivory blouse layered over the first dress is so pretty...what a great color combo for summer!

Laura B said...

I can't resist pink! These outfits are so pretty on you! I just love the bright colors and pattern in your first dress. It's gorgeous!

Mica said...

You wear pink so well - in all these shades! So it's good to see you are embracing it again> it's definitely a colour I have a lot of in my wardrobe.

I really like the way you layered the dress in the first outfit too, such a nice pairing with that blouse!

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link Up :)