Sunday, September 17, 2023

Fallify an Outfit with Accessories

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

This week the temperatures are starting to drop a little bit in my area
I am thinking about changing up my accessories
to get a little more wear from a few of my summer dresses
before they get packed away until next spring
Choosing a darker color shoe and/or bag during this transition time 
 is a great way to change things up without going full on fall
Are you lacking the closet space to keep your entire wardrobe at hand
all year round like I am?
A nice roomy walk-in closet would be divine,
but what room would I carve it out of?
 The real question for me is, why I don't do a giant purge
Letting go is so hard to do 😯🥺

A little twist with my first outfit
I am wearing a whisper light rayon red and navy blue checked shirtdress 
that I left unbuttoned and open in the front
 I think this gives it a sort of duster or jacket look
Worn over a red sleeveless sheath dress
   


   


Carrying a two tone camel tan and beige satchel bag with shiny bold gold tone hardware,
 


and camel tan stack heel tassel loafers to fall-ify the look


For jewelry, bold gold tone pieces to complement the bag hardware
Wrap collar necklace, hinged bar bracelet and link hoop earrings


This cute vintage chiffon four leaf clover design scarf is in my hair



For my second outfit, a blue and ivory floral and vine print tiered midi dress
 accessorized with black to bring it into the transition season 

 



Carrying a black leather clutch that is convertible to a cross body bag
or a wristlet with two detachable straps 


 

For jewelry, I chose a blue beaded necklace that I made years ago
I don't wear it often, but the color seemed to perfectly suit this dress


Black suede tie heels to finish the outfit 




Here is the shirtdress from the first outfit, also worn during the transition season last fall
It's from a post about the Pantone color Lava Falls Red


Hope everyone enjoys their week!















5 comments:

Laura B said...

I love your accessorizing! Both of those dresses are so pretty!

Sally in St Paul said...

The shirtdress worn as a duster looks amazing! I like the idea of using darker toned accessories to take a summer dress into early fall.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

What a great way to wear the summer clothes as long as possible! I am at the moment clearing out my closets. And I always sell a lot that I didn't wear last season. So that way I can keep all of my clothes together!

Mica said...

That floral dress is such a stunner on you! The first outfit is my favourite though, I love how you layered the two dresses together, it works perfectly having the shirt dress belted as a duster! :)

I hope you can find a solution for your wardrobe woes as well! When we built our house I was able to specify my dream walk in wardrobe. I love it SO much, and being able to have all of my wardrobe out year-round makes me happy! I have done a lot of reorganising and reshuffling lately - I used to be so bad at letting pieces go, but I have been stricter with what stays in my wardrobe and been selling and donating a lot and I'm really happy with where it's at right now :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up!

Kellyann Rohr said...

Oooh love the accessories here - those stacked loafers are fabulous! Great job "Fall-ifying" your looks. Fall fashion is my favorite!
xo,
Kellyann