Sunday, September 24, 2023

Bridge to Fall with a Jacket Layer



Hello and welcome!
Thanks for stopping by my blog

I can hardy believe how fast the summer has passed and is turning to fall
It will soon be time to pack up my summer clothes,
but it's not quite time, because not a leaf on the trees has changed yet.
 October can be a lovely warm month here,
or, on the other hand, the weather can change on a dime.
 I have to keep a few things out for both seasons all year round
so I don't get caught in shorts in 60 degree weather!


Blazers have been a big fashion trend for the the past few years,
and I have been wearing them a lot more than usual (during all of the seasons)!
The summer to autumn bridge season is when a blazer or jacket layer really shines
It is the perfect solution to the cooling temperatures,
and makes almost any outfit transform into a stylish and pulled together look
Do you like a blazer look, or are other types of jackets and sweaters
more your cool weather go tos?

My first outfit is built around a mauve, roll tab sleeve blazer,
in a longer style with flapped hip pockets
Worn over an ivory top and with tan ankle length trousers





I love this floral print, extra long scarf
 I think it really pulls this basic neutral color block outfit together 
The scarf is an unusual color combination and I don't wear it often,
but it has found it's match with this jacket


Carrying a vintage taupe reptile embossed bag
with a wrapped cord shoulder strap
 The strap can be tucked inside the bag
so it can also be carried as a clutch

  

I chose a chunky gold tone link bracelet and
loop design hoop earrings to complement this outfit


These tan faux suede cross strap block heel pumps
turned out to be the perfect match for the trousers to finish the outfit





Here is another outfit with a blazer that works well for the bridge season
For this look, I chose a classic style in navy blue,
with a small rose print in shades of pink  
Worn over a white lace top and with navy blue straight leg tailored trousers
 



Accessorizing with a pink and white print neck scarf
and pale pink top knot hair band
For jewelry, a chose a bright gold tone twist design bangle bracelet
and 3-D star motif earrings


Carrying my navy quilted chain strap bag


Comfortable navy patent leather kitten heel sling backs
to finish the look


Vibrant September blooms




Hope you all enjoy your week!






 

5 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

The scarf and jacket in your first outfit are a perfect pairing. And I love the patterned blazer in your second outfit, very cute. The weather here sounds similar in October. Last week it turned colder, but this week it's up to 22 (71 Fahrenheit) and then changing with gales! Very unpredictable and difficult to know what to wear.

Laura B said...

Love these blazers! The floral blazer is so pretty on you! I'm all about layering lately too. Blazers are perfect for chilly mornings and easily removed in the afternoons.

Sally in St Paul said...

The mauve + tan/taupe combo looks gorgeous on you! Of course I also love the second outfit because I am a sucker for a navy-based floral print.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

What a beautiful colour combinations! I am more of a cardigan girl but a blazer adds so much more then a cardigan does.

Mica said...

While I reach for cardigans and jackets more than blazers in cooler weather, I do find they work in causal looks now and then. I would love a cute floral print one like you have shared here! I have a similar-ish pink one to the one you are wearing in your first outfit. I find the long length works great in casual outfits, but I have been wearing it a lot to the office lately too!

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)